FREE QuoteTrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by QuoteT_Brent, Nov 27, 2006.

1. kowboy

kowboy

In order to get it to work I had to uninstall all the old esignal data manger and quote trader programs, deleting the shell folder for both esignal and Quote Trader under the program files. For some reason it wouldn't work with the old program shell folders. BTW don't know if deleting shell folders is safe, but did it anyhow.

Then register with esignal and at the bottom of the esignal registration page there is a download link, which requires you to download the esignal data manager and then the quote trader programs. http://pmd.esignal.com/quotetrader/sign/default.asp

Apparently the only charts available are from Quote.com (advertisement supported) and you can't feed any independent Quote Trader charts from IB data, although the help menu leads you to believe there are charts. Also it appears you can't undock the individual account windows out of the main window, except that the Dom loads separate.

If I've got this right, I'll stick with Quote Tracker solely because of the excellent charting for multi stocks. Does anyone see any charts?

Appears to be a really top of the line DOM for trading purposes. Also excellent account manager windows.

Congratulations to esignal for a nice job on the Dom. Why couldn't IB have come up with something like this?

#21     Dec 17, 2006
  2. I think I saw something about charts coming in 2007. I use Quotetracker for charting and like it but I would like to use this for order entry as I like the way it is set up. The one time I tried to place an order it didnt work though so I guess Ill wait awhile until they get the bugs worked out. I also dont understand why IB cant do something similiar. Their booktrader is pretty crude.

#22     Dec 17, 2006
  3. Hi EdgeHunter,

Thank you for your post.
    Program Trading is logic designed to assist with hedging a position.
    For example, when opening a position, QuoteTrader will simultaneously enter a closing stop order. We currently support trailing stops, but are enhancing the functionality to allow users to better manage when and how the stop's price is adjusted - that functionality is describing as a programmed trade.

Also, we're considering how to implement a similar hedging feature with options. For example, at the point of going long an underlying, one could simultaneously go long a put (QuoteTrader may also suggest which strike and month, based on preset user preferences about timeframe, greeks, etc.). This would mitigate downside risk (at the cost of the premium) and eliminate getting whipsawed (ie, being stopped out before a positive move).

We'd very much like to hear your thoughts on this - please send them either to trading@mail.esignal.com, or to our Trading Integration BBS.

Thank you again,

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management
    http://www.esignal.com/quotetrader
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#23     Dec 18, 2006
  4. Hi Kowboy,

Thank you for your post.
    We're planning to include charts for clients of TD AMERITRADE and IB in the next 4 - 6 weeks. Please send me an email if you're interested in beta testing (trading@mail.esignal.com) - we'd very much appreciate your feedback.
    Also, we're working to schedule our next QuoteTrader Basic Training webinar. Let me know if you'd be interested in attending and I'll have the date and time forwarded to you.

Thank you again,

Brent
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#24     Dec 18, 2006
  5. Hi late apex,

Thank you for your post about the integration with Oanda.

To integrate trading with Oanda through QuoteTrader or eSignal, please send an email to trading@mail.esignal.com and include
    1. Which account (fx-game or fx-trade) you'll be using.
    2. The username(s) for the account(s) (respectively).
    3. Your eSignal customer ID# and username.

Also, please let me know if you'd like a demonstration of the integration - we'd very much appreciate feedback on how we could better support Forex integrated trading.

Finally, additional setup and configuration instructions can be found on our Knowledge Base (http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article.asp?article=2777&p=1)

Thank you again,

Brent
    trading@mail.esignal.com

#25     Dec 18, 2006
  6. jtnet

jtnet

i get an error when i try to start up quotetrade, and everything works fine, my esignal works fine and everything checked on IB.

"failed to check entitlements. Ensure that esignal is correctly installed and try again."

#26     Dec 19, 2006
  7. #27     Dec 19, 2006
  8. xeelee

xeelee

Is this good software for a novice or beginner?

#28     Dec 19, 2006
  9. jtnet

jtnet

yes, its a free market depth and soon to be charting package that links into broker/dealers via api of your choice.
    good stuff.

#29     Dec 19, 2006
  10. Brent, got it. My QuoteTrader is now connected to my Oanda account and sub-accounts. Thanks for taking care of that. Really looking forward to testing it.

#30     Dec 20, 2006