"Free" NYSE trading starts today.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Nov 1, 2007.

1. I only ask Don bc he started this thread telling us that the pre-opening indications would re-appear in November. Not hassling him, rather i'm just inquiring as he may know more than the average joe.

#21     Nov 26, 2007
  2. From Goldman IM this morning.

DonBright (6:02:03 AM): GM, I hope you had a good holiday weekend! Just want to follow up on NYSE Morning indications and the DNS order version of Redi...let me know when/if you find out anything new.
    brad gsec (6:05:02 AM): Notice:
    DISCLAIMER: IM is not secure - may be intercepted/altered. GS monitors/archives IM. Full disclaimer at: http://www.gs.com/disclaimer/im/
    brad gsec (6:05:02 AM): GM, let me see what I can find out today.

brad gsec (6:20:50 AM): I think they don't show as many as in the past, but it's not a Redi thing I don't believe. I checked before and we are receiving whatever they publish..

I will now call the NYSE to see what the deal is.

Don

#22     Nov 26, 2007
  3. OK, here's what the NYSE says:

OK, NYSE says that "stocks that are going to open 50 cents up or down from previous day's closing price will disseminate a "non-binding" opening indication. They have the technology in place but not the final regulatory authorization."

So, still waiting, I'll check again next week if we're not up and running.

Don

#23     Nov 26, 2007
  4. Thanks for the update Don. 50 cents would be pretty wide, 25 was better.

#24     Nov 26, 2007
  5. Good for openings having 50 cents I think....might be a good scan.

Don

#25     Nov 26, 2007
  6. Thanks Don!

#26     Nov 26, 2007
  7. I had heard someone mention that the indications would be back by the end of the year (FWIW).

-Guru

#27     Nov 26, 2007
  8. Don - I haven't noticed them doing this yet with the 50 cent gaps. Please post whenever you have any updates. Thanks.

#28     Dec 21, 2007
  9. Still waiting, not sure what is going on, getting same answer, sorry.

Don

[​IMG]

#29     Dec 21, 2007
  10. Well, we go this today.

Product Updates: NYSE Alerts - Effective this Monday, NYSE Pre-Opening Indications available on NYSE Alerts
    Effective this Monday December 24, 2007 the NYSE is implementing new Rule 15 (Pre-Opening Indications). For an overview of Rule 15 please visit www.nyse.com/hybrid. The NYSE pre-opening indications will be available over NYSE Alerts using msg type 132. The NYSE Pre-Opening indications are reflected in the "Security Status" field as condition code ''B''. Attached is an updated NYSE Alerts customer interface specification to incorporate these changes

Testing
    Testing with the new source IPs every is available every tuesday and thursday night from 7pm to 9pm.

Questions
    Contact your market data account manager or reply to this email with any questions about NYSE Alerts or any other NYSE or NYSE/Arca data products.

Click here for complete details

(1 attachment)

Don

#30     Dec 23, 2007