Free money from wall street

Discussion in 'Options' started by Informed, Sep 21, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

just buy the options from the morons.

#11     Sep 21, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

i bet after the 10th option your account does not have enough equity to go short.

"as many as possible"

you are right. the buyer will be a professional unlike yourself.

#12     Sep 21, 2009
  3. cvds16

cvds16

for the record I once was an options broker (later became market maker) and I have seen some things in customers accounts were trades "just couldn't go wrong", only problem was it sometimes did and when it was the case their accounts got destroyed big time with debits way below zero. Pure horrorstories ! Never sell options saying 'this can't happen', cause it will one day ...

#13     Sep 21, 2009
  4. spindr0

spindr0

Mortgage the farm! Sell the wife! Dance in the rain with an aluminum foil hat on!

#14     Sep 21, 2009
  5. Pathetic...

#15     Sep 21, 2009
  6. erol

erol

Thanks... I'm executing this trade...
    I'll buy u all king dons w the premiums I collect

#16     Sep 21, 2009
  7. I am thinking of doing the opposite, i.e. selling the farm and mortgaging the wife.

#17     Sep 21, 2009
  8. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Already upside-down on the wife...cant refi.

#18     Sep 21, 2009
  9. Hmmmm, that actually sounds like a great position :)

#19     Sep 21, 2009
  10. From what I am seeing, I think the bid price is .02 - is that correct? So you would only get $2 per contract, not $20. So, I'm not sure you would make very much if any real return on your money anyways.

Anyways, if DNDN failed as a business for any reason before Jan 2010, you would stand to lose quite a bit.

Also let me ask this, if selling 2.5s is "free money", then how about the 5s? How about the 7.5s? The 10s? and so on - what is the highest you can sell that is still free money?

I feel there are better things I can do with my money then a trade like this in any event.

JJacksET4

#20     Sep 21, 2009