Free Market Profile for Ninja Trader

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bathrobe, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

I found this on the Ninja Script website. Chart must be at 30 minutes to work.

No where as good as others I have seen but it is free!

2. Yes - it is a very basic one and it is stuck on a 30min timeframe.

But the good thing is that the code is open so you can go into it and try and modify things if you're inclined.

Or you can use it to try and learn some C# as it relates to NinjaTrader, which is what I did.

3. bathrobe

bathrobe

If you dont mind, where did you learn C# for NT.

Books do not help me regarding programming.

Also, it seems as though stretching the y-axis would make it look much better, is this at all easy, and do you know how to?

Thanks in advance.

4. bathrobe

bathrobe

A few changes in the properties and looks far better, especially for free.

5. I learned by looking through the code. You make some modifications and see if it will compile without errors.

By C# as it relates to NT, I mean that while you use C# syntax (the usual "&&" means "and" and "||" means "or"), you have to use NT conventions like their methods to draw plots and lines and stuff. And you have to edit the "properties" region to save some types of parameters using their serialization method. So it's not just learning C# - it's learning C# as applied to the NT environment.

I don't know C# from a hole in the wall, but I just pick through the code. It's good to go through it like a puzzle exercise, if nothing else. Makes you think.

As for stretching the y-axis, it is advanced C# way beyond me, but there is a "vertical scale" piece of code someone wrote and posted in their forum I think.

6. Thanks for posting this free market profile indicator. I'm having issues with the setup..I see the market profile characters but a much of tick bars are on the chart as well..

How do I set this up correctly?

Thanks!

7. OR can you post your modified version?

8. To clear the clutter of the bars on the chart you will want to go to Properties and make the bar colors transparent (or at least less obtrusive).

My edits have things that I look for. I think the best thing is to go through the code and make your own additions - that way whatever you want to track is just a modification that you don't have to request/pay-for anyone else do.

There are some really professional-looking MP ones out there that you can buy, but the code is going to be locked-up, so anything extra you want is - extra.

This free one may be less pretty, but you can do what you want with it.

9. pchan

pchan

No volume histo?