Free Lunch for FNYS traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blueskiesahead, Jul 8, 2002.

1. You are correct, rs7. In Trading in the Zone , Chapter 9, The Nature of Beliefs , p. 143, Mark Douglas describes how in a TV show, a guy holding a sign "Free Money. Today Only." couldn't give it away. It was in Chicago, not NY. Did I read the book - hell no! I happened to walk by the guy and am kicking myself ever since.

#11     Jul 8, 2002
  2. I heard that the atmosphere there is piss poor. A lot of back stabbing and little cooperation among traders. Not much help for the new guys. They have some terrific traders, but they are not getting the calls they used to when the trader salesmen could toss them a 5 cent layup. If you get the right desk it could be a good place, but that his hard to determine in advance. i heard that a few good traders left in the 2nd quarter. All this is hearsay from a friend who left there because he was sick of it and not making a lot of money so take it for what it is worth. He was sick of Don screaming and yelling to trade more or trade less or both at times....

#12     Jul 9, 2002
  3. hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the comments! Do you know of any better places to start out at?

#13     Jul 9, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

Good to know that my memory is only partially shot!
    MS, you are the number one funniest guy here. No doubt!
    How did you miss the opportunity to do the "traders girlfriends" thread? I was so looking forward to hearing from yours!!!!:)

#14     Jul 9, 2002
  5. I am not capable of recommending a place for you. It is too subjective and random. Do your own research and pull the trigger. It is all about finding the right desk at the right firm. The wrong desk at the right firm is not going to be good. Nor will the right desk at the wrong firm. Avoid the negative energy generated by fighting each other on a desk or the management of a firm. IMHO.

#15     Jul 9, 2002
  6. hey is your friend hungry? If your both still in NY I'll extend the offer to both you and your pal. You're game right blue skies?
    and since there doesn't need to be any fluff, why not go for food and/or drinks.
    :D

#16     Jul 9, 2002
  7. I'm hungry and in NY. Take me to lunch and I'll tell you all I know about FNYS.

#17     Jul 9, 2002
  8. MS, whadaya think this is free?
    You funny guy!

#18     Jul 9, 2002
  9. Damn right my friend is hungry. He hasn't made much money trading and if you saw him in person you'd know that selling his body is not an option. Going to lunch with him would be totally unappetizing. He will however drink you into submission. I am not in NY although I watched it on TV today.

#19     Jul 9, 2002
  10. Cesko

Cesko

if you saw him in person you'd know that selling his body is not an option.
    :D :D :D :D

#20     Jul 9, 2002