Free Intraday Delayed Scanners ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraderBob, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Does anyone know of any free intraday scanners on a 15-20 min delay basis ? Looking to trade the 30 min opening gaps so the delayed scan would suffice........Thx

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. Nkhoi,

I'll check them out !

4. Watch CNBC, they are usually delayed! But, alas, they are not free :(

It is with sheer irresolution that I ponder why CNBC constitutes a major element in the daily diet of the daytrader (the other element being coffee)...

5. <i>the other element being coffee</i>

Coffee can be counter productive as well. A trading floor is the only place I have ever heard someone say, "Man, that was the most expensive piss I ever took!" (after making a trading decision based upon their need to answer nature's call)

Oh, and so that I am not so blatantly off-topic, here's the intraday scanner at cbs marketwatch, fwiw:
    http://cbs.marketwatch.com/tools/stockresearch/screener/default.asp?siteid=mktw

6. Thanks. Looks like it may be of some value but what I'd like to do is screen for gappers at the open (15-20 min delay is ok). Its screening criteria doesn't seem to offer that, unless I'm missing something.

7. Jaba122

Jaba122

8. Jaba 122,

Good idea. I had forgotten about that site. They have may useful links including one for stock screeners that should provide me with what I need. Thanks again.

9. jperl

jperl

10. drbtk

drbtk

#10     Apr 22, 2002