"free groceries are now being sought by middle-class people"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cgtrader, Apr 28, 2008.

1. greddy

greddy

There was some dude on CNBC from Hong Kong yesterday saying ag price has not been reflected in to final products.

Obviously he has not been shopping at my neighborhood Ralphs supermarket in the Los Angeles area.

#11     Apr 29, 2008
  2. I get milk at $3.29 - where do you shop???

#12     Apr 29, 2008
  3. This country has some *&cked up population. Party like hell, borrow like mad and 6 mos later they're whining they don't have enough left to buy food. Learn to SAVE during the "good times" you fuckers!

#13     Apr 29, 2008
  4. clacy

clacy

No shit. I'd like to see what kind of car the first guy he interviews drives and see what size flat screen he has. The guy has two cell phones.

Here's an idea, get rid of one of your freaking cell phones.

#14     Apr 29, 2008
  5. boo hoo hoo are food pwices going up too much?

We're in the new era of hyper capitalism, globalism, and spendism. Just use your VISA or MASTERCARD to buy more food on debt. And then use GOOGLE to buy an IPOD.

#15     Apr 29, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Well, what are we SUPPOSED to do... when President Bush tells us, "... don't just sit there in front of your TVs watching the Trade Center Towers tumble... get off your butts, get to the mall and BUY some crap".

#16     Apr 29, 2008
  7. It is well known that the poor have a higher obesity rate than the well off.

It is not how much you eat but what you eat.

#17     Apr 29, 2008
  8. Food prices won;t be coming down anytime soon

#18     Apr 29, 2008
  9. clacy

clacy

That is true. But it's also true that we don't have a lot of people starving in the US.

In many parts of the world, "poor" people, are lucky to have a roof over their head or some rice in their bellies. Our "poor" just aren't able to buy the X-Box games that they'd like or afford season tickets to Raiders games.

#19     Apr 29, 2008
  10. ers811

ers811

Man this brings back memories.

I worked at a grocery store when I was in high school --- and any naive hope I had for basic human inetelligence was crushed before I was 17.

You wouldn't believe some of the choices people make. I had plenty of food-stamp cases that filled the cart a little too full. They would return the toilet paper to keep the potato chips. While wearing $100 shoes as I carry the groceries out to their new car. People's priorities are so @#$%^.

In college I lived for a lot less than that "2000-3000 a month" and I lived just fine. I didn't buy crap I didn't need and ate cheap. Even if you don't have the intelligence or skills to get a better job, at least manage the money you do have and stop whining that you can't afford everything ou WANT. That's life. Somebody always has more money and nicer stuff. Where is Hank Hill when you need him to give a lecture on responsibility???

#20     Apr 29, 2008