Free Galaxy S phone...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eight, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

There doesn't seem to be any news on this but I went to T-Mobile's site and got a free Vibrant [$500 retail] with a new two year contract... that is a LOT of phone for the buck... Android, 4" Super amoled screen... I went to the store a couple of days ago and looked at that screen, it's greenish hued but it is reflection-free.. only Samsung has that screen because they manufacture it and won't ship it to anybody else...

the Galaxy Tab is such a work in progress!! It does not have thr Super amoled screen and it's not set up to stream video from Netflix, Hulu, etc.. and it doesn't have cell capabilities in the US models but if it gets the amoled screen [rumor has it......] and can stream entertainment that I want [that is definitely in the pipeline] I'm going for one of those for the backpack for around town and portable entertainment.. it can be a backup telephone using VOIP too...

2. fhl

fhl

Give us a follow up in a month or so. Tell us how you like tmobile and the phone.

3. Eight

Eight

Sure, I'll get back here in Feb, it will take me that long to get familiar with Android probably..

4. Eight

Eight

Android is just bitchin'.. The Galaxy S phone is beyond my expectations, computers should work like this.. and it's odd, I was in the Apple Store trying to decide what screen size to get on a Macbook and it hit me, I plugged headphones into the Galaxy S phone and watched Avatar on a 4" screen and it was great!! If I had surround headphones it would have been greater yet... It's not about screen size in the regard of Movies. Maybe for maps and reading but not entertainment..

I can go into my contacts list, select an address, tap a couple of times and get Google Maps to give me turn by turn directions to get there by walking, car, and in some places public transit, the GPS tells it where I'm starting from.. this is a really useful item this Android thingy..

5. What is the minimum plan they have you hooked to for 2 years?