Free From Pretense or Deceit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Dec 18, 2009.

1. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpgO5Lgq3SE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpgO5Lgq3SE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. Very good website Lucrum. I'm a strong (as in donor) to MoveOn and, while I don't agree with everything they say I do agree with a lot. Reading the FreedomWorks site, I understand more clearly where you are coming from and even agree with parts of it.

One thing for sure: running a major country sure is complicated !!!

4. It is a extremely dangerous organization that is controlled by the same republican politician that are in the pockets of big corporations.

The entire movement is funded by large network corporations that want to charge for every bit and byte you download from the internet.

Dick Armey has been at the forefront to make this happen. The bulk of his re-election campaign funds came from these large network corporations. Now he is using the retarded rightwing nuts to make this happen.

Where were these people when Bush was destroying America?

The answer is pretty clear enough. They want another Bush to continue transferring wealth from the middle class to the corporations.

Funding

FreedomWorks is primarily funded by individual donations. According to the self-proclaimed progressive media watchdog group Media Matters for America information center, FreedomWorks has also received funding from Verizon and SBC (now AT&T). [9]Other FreedomWorks funders have included Philip Morris and foundations controlled by the conservative Scaife family, according to tax filings and other records. [10] [11]It also receives funding through the sale of insurance policies through which policyholders automatically become members of FreedomWorks. [12]

FreedomWorks is closely tied to its founder, corporate lobbyist and former Republican Congressman Dick Armey, whose former lobbying firm DLA Piper that he resigned in August 2009, represents Bristol Myers Squibb, among other pharmaceutical companies. [13][14]