Free EOD S&P 500 index data for export to excel - Where?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Laissez Faire, Feb 2, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

Its 4am atm where I am, later, I will knock up some formula examples for you to try.

#21     Feb 5, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

Free googlefinance data is not downloadable into a standard excel spreadsheet, other than converting into another format that I'm aware of, and it is not the method I use.
    This is a simple effective method....
    Either buy a chromebook and use the spreadsheets provided or...
    Simply open Chrome web browser on your PC and at the menu bar it says 'APPS'.
    Click on this and then click on 'Sheets'
    You will need a google account, but it's easy enough to subscribe. A subscription will give you access to their cloud service. I have a chromebook, when you buy one of these it provides one with 100GB of free cloud service for 2 years.
    Anyhow, on the spreadsheet from Chrome, enter your formulae and you will have free stock and indexes data which updates automatically, these from various exchanges around the world.
    Next post I will illustrate the formulas.

#22     Feb 5, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

111.PNG 222.PNG

#23     Feb 5, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

ignore the little dot prior to the equals sign in the example above, I needed to do that in order to get it to display as a text file, the format function in this instance wasn't behaving so had to use this method.
    Yesterday date and day before date look identical, only because my computer is working off a different date than currently in USA.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    #24     Feb 5, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

These are functions which will supply data results...
    price
    priceopen
    high
    low
    volume
    marketcap
    tradetime
    datadelay
    volumeavg
    pe
    eps
    high52