Free charting software..

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by katiewc, Nov 7, 2008.

1. katiewc

katiewc

Hi all, anyone know any free charting software that can do charts like esignal but is free? (ie. draw trendlines and save them.. macd... stoch, rsi.. etc) or if not free... anything that is under $20 usd a month? any help greatlyyyy appreciated.

THanks!!

2. katiewc

katiewc

if possible something downloadble too (but if not online is okay too as long as it saves my setting and the trendlines i draw)? i have tried interactive brokers but their charting software is horrible....

3. You didnt say what you were looking to trade, but Open Ecry has nice software. They have a 2 week free trial, and then its like $25 a month or something. It has basically every futures market you can think of.

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

NinjaTrader can be used for free including some free data sources such as:

- Intraday FX historical and real-time data
    - Yahoo Finance for daily bars
    - OpenTick (although they may not be taking new clients)

5. katiewc

katiewc

apologies it is for stocks.. NYSE...

would be awesome added bonus if it can trade other markets too like Hong Kong.

Thanks

6. Quotetracker is a serious choice. Free version has ads & some limitations. If you have a ameritrade acct, the paid version is free too

7. katiewc

katiewc

thx for suggestions... any others?

8. katiewc

katiewc

hi i have an IB account, so seems Ninja trader can do intraday and daily charts feeding data from there. The only problem is IB is inaccessible on weekends... what do you guys use during that period?

also if i only need data on a daily basis and not intraday, does yahoo fulfill most needs?

thx again in advance

9. Tums

Tums

Yes

10. Hey katiewc,

Since you mentioned charts like eSignal and ~$20/mo, you might consider eSignal OnDemand.
    OnDemand has the same Advanced Charts as eSignal, supports its EFS library (thousands of studies - video), and is just $24.95/mo.
    It also supports trading and account access with almost 20 brokers.

If you have any questions, email trading@quote.com

Thanks,

Brent Threadgill

#10     Nov 7, 2008