Free Cellphone Service..Is This A Great Country Or What?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jem

jem

it is a start. by giving away so much..
    you rob poor people of their dignity, their sense of accomplishment, the skills to move up the ladder. Even the motivation to start off in the mail room.

The policy has destroyed the family unit and made poor men worthless to the women of the neighborhood. the result was predicted ahead of time by austrian school econimists and commented on by david stockman back in the 80s. To most able bodied people, hand outs are very destructive.

Every able bodied person should be working if they want govt money... period. stop it with the fricken give aways.

Also if you were not giving away so much money to people who could be working, you could devote your resources to say... proper health care and education.

#11     Aug 3, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Great idea, first step...cut off ALL welfare. When they get hungry they'll work. Of course the libtards won't allow this for fear of losing their votes. What's your next grand idea?

#12     Aug 3, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Because that's worked so well throughout history?

#13     Aug 3, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Exactly, when has it not worked?

#14     Aug 3, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Well, if you count mobs putting the wealthy to death as "work", then of course you're right, they will eventually go to work.

#15     Aug 3, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like the ultimate wealth distribution plan to me. Why would a self admitted commie like you be opposed?

#16     Aug 3, 2011
  7. Free cell service means "one less bill that someone has to pay, so they can pay their rent or for day care...

One more thing in a long line of poor "choices' people make.

People choose not to pay their rent or day care but "choose" to use what little money they have for a cell phone.

I'm sure some bean counter down at public assistance has gone over the monthly income receipeint statments and thought "hmnnnn..if these people didn't spend their money on cell phones, they could pay rent" What a fucking concept.

Sorry, the poor stay poor mostly throught the choices they make, sure give them free cell phones today, won't make a bit of difference in their lives, the cell phone is not the problem.

I'm sure someone came up with the same friggin idea about food stamps. "Why if these people could get free food, they'd have more money to pay day care and rent.

#17     Aug 3, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I'm a democratic commie, not a totalitarian commie. : )

#18     Aug 3, 2011
  9. Crispy

Crispy

Are the poor too proud to peddle fruit in the USA now?

Whatta fucking joke of a country we live in when the poor feel entitled to cell phones. How about the goobermint pay my 156 blackberry bill since my taxes support at least 5 welfare familes. You know, kinda like when the bar buys you back a drink?

Yah, cause before cell phones nobody got a job....

#19     Aug 4, 2011
  10. Dunno the answer to that question but I do know they are too lazy to pick fruit in Georgia.

Note at the end of the article I'm posting that there were an estimated 11000 farm job openings according to Georgia farmers. I'm now really pissed at the 99'rs.

Seneca

"Georgia’s agricultural industry is preparing to commission a study of the financial losses it suffered this year as a result of severe labor shortages some fruit and vegetable growers have tied to the state’s new immigration enforcement law.

The study -- to be due Oct. 1 -- would help quantify the farmers’ losses, guide state lawmakers considering future immigration-related legislation and bolster efforts to create an improved national guest-worker program, said Charles Hall, executive director of the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association.

Hall said his association is among several state agricultural groups that are seeking the report. The study will be conducted by John McKissick, former director of the Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development at the University of Georgia. Hall and McKissick said they are still working out the details, but both indicated the study will help quantify the direct and indirect economic impacts of the labor shortages for farmers and Georgia communities.

Many farmers have complained that Georgia’s tough new law targeting illegal immigration has scared away the migrant Hispanic workers they depend on to pick their fruits and vegetables.

A federal judge put some of the most controversial parts of the law on hold last month after civil and immigrant rights groups challenged the measure’s constitutionality in court. But most of the law was left intact, including a provision that penalizes people who use fake identification to get jobs in Georgia.

In May, Hall estimated farm labor shortages could put as much as $300 million in crops at risk this year. A state survey of farmers released last month showed they had 11,080 jobs open."

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-farmers-to-seek-1012576.html

#20     Aug 4, 2011