Free book from IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by brokershopping, Jul 29, 2003.

1. I was "wowed" when the book arrived! I went to sites looking for reviews on it, and all are excellent. I reminds me of a college-type text book. I think I'd need to take a course to get through it all, though. :)

The first sentences on the cover letter from IB are, "We want you to succeed. The better you do, the better we will do."

They must have gone over my account statements and thought, "Send one to this guy, NOW!":D

#21     Aug 8, 2003
  2. 0008

What is the purpose of IB giving out the book? :confused:

#22     Aug 8, 2003
  3. The page says it all:

"We want you to succeed. Our success as a broker depends on your results. The better you do, the better we will do......."

I am curious, did every account get one or certain ones? And if certain ones, what was the criteria used to disseminate this book of knowledge.
    On another note, the box was fun to play with, few more of these and I can build a clubhouse.

#23     Aug 8, 2003
  4. damir00

damir00 Guest

i didn't get one, but i'm in Canada so maybe that's why.

#24     Aug 8, 2003
  5. It's called goodwill and good customer relations, something a lot of firms could take a lesson from IB.

#25     Aug 8, 2003
  6. My IRA is with Ameritrade and they don't make me wait 3 days to put on another position. I guess regulations are all in the interpretation.

#26     Aug 8, 2003
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

they will. enforcement on this has been very spotty, but it's only a matter of time before they do. note that this applies differently to options which have their own settlement period etc.

#27     Aug 8, 2003
  8. Since many years, IB claim that Datek (Ameritrade now) don't follow the regulation about this topics. I think that the regulator have study this case the last year, but it seem that no result or evidence that Ameritrade is not right since then.

#28     Aug 9, 2003
  9. Aw, now I feel left out... no book. Is it only new people who get it? Been with IB since April 2001. But I only do about $5 in commissions (well, $10 if you include cancellation fees) per day.

#29     Aug 10, 2003
  10. It seem that is a time synch, because the news have been annoucne since few hours :

http://reuters.com/financeNewsArticle.jhtml?type=governmentFilingsNews&storyID=3258089

Ameritrade (Datek) says may be disciplined by NASD about the cash settlement!

IB_def should be happy since the time he mentionned it to us, but the regulator have taken a lot of time for to do his job, hope that in the future he will be more promptly for to do it and make more fairplay the competition!

#30     Aug 12, 2003