Free analyst/admin work exchange

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by onemotive, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Perhaps you want to check Google maps before you continue. There are only very few settlements and road access on Vancouver Island that are exposed to the west side and offer an open view of the ocean. The west cost is quite rugged. Even the entire waters around Victoria are covered by the Olympic peninsula and do not offer unobstructed views of the pacific.

#21     Jun 7, 2021
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Look at the East coast. It's still the pacific.

#22     Jun 7, 2021
  3. It's not, it is called Georgia Straight. Nobody here calls the straight or inside passage (further up north) Pacific. But feel free to help this clown, he does not pass my trustworthyness filter at all.

#23     Jun 7, 2021
  4. deaddog

deaddog

You're right. What do I know, I live in the interior. All the people I know that moved to the east coast of the Island think they are on the Pacific. Boy will they be surprised when I set them straight.

What do you think this guy is after? He asked for help. If he asks for anything more then I'll get suspicious.

#24     Jun 7, 2021
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Johnson Strait - in the north end.

#25     Jun 7, 2021
  6. themickey

themickey

Vancouver Island is located in the southwestern corner of the province of British Columbia. It is separated from the mainland of British Columbia by Johnstone Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait on the north and northeast, and by the Strait of Georgia on the southeast, which along with the Strait of Juan de Fuca along its southwest separate it from the United States (the Straits of Georgia and Juan de Fuca are now officially also part of the Salish Sea, which includes Puget Sound as well). West of the island is the open Pacific Ocean, while to its north is Queen Charlotte Sound.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Island
    Vancouver_Island_Map-fr.svg.png

#26     Jun 7, 2021
  7. deaddog

deaddog

I guess that means that Vancouver isn't on the pacific ocean. I learn something every day.

#27     Jun 7, 2021
  8. That's correct, almost, Johnstone Straight

#28     Jun 7, 2021
  9. That would be the most detailed enumeration of all the parts along the west cost of the interior and Vancouver Island and beyond. Nobody calls those parts pacific ocean.

#29     Jun 7, 2021
  10. Oh suddenly when it came from a different mouth you are willing to learn. Interesting. Well, at least you admitted and "all the people you know" should be invited by you for an evening of dinner and geography catch up.

#30     Jun 7, 2021