Freddie Mac acting CFO found dead at home

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 22, 2009.

1. I'm not going to be a hypocrite, because I make judgments all the time, and probably at least 50% of the time when I shouldn't, so if you see me getting mighty, knock me down (anyone here, not just Mandel).

I agree with you completely in that taking of one's life over money is irrational and rash.

We are witnessing a sad state of affairs today in a very material world, where people are taking their own lives, and worse yet, the lives of others, over what appears to be things at least tied to money.

Peace, MBS.

#71     Apr 22, 2009

2. Get the administrator to delete my posts........no intention of harm to anyone. You will probably never know what really went down. But, you can understand why people are suspicious of the Feds and anyone that might get in their way.

#72     Apr 22, 2009
  3. Yes, I can.

Technically, he wasn't a fed, but I understand what you're saying.

I've made worse comments about others, even though they had been proven to have partaken in wrong doing, and didn't commit suicide (Samuel Israel faked his suicide). Even so, I shouldn't have then and shouldn't in the future - suicide is a serious thing not to be taken casually.

I am not about censorship, but just felt the need to remind people this guy had a family, was highly regarded in his community, and although he did work for an organization that has been tainted by scandal lately, has not been shown to have partaken in any wrongdoing, legally or morally, whether that's ultimately the case or not.

#73     Apr 22, 2009
  4. If one truly Believes in G-d, if one truly understands what we are here for, then one would not take his/her life.

No matter how bad the money situation is, no matter how bad life is, if you can't find "Footing" on the foundations that were laid out in the Tohra/New Test.......trying to walk life on your own....then the Abyss is your fate.

The individual lost his "moral compass" long before he killed himself. He could have found it but instead, he walked alone into the Abyss.

#74     Apr 22, 2009
  5. I agree with you completely.

But there is prose in both the Old and New Testament about Judgment being the province of G_d.

I am not the most consistently moral person, although I try to catch myself, and maybe that's why I'm partial to 'those who live in glass houses should not throw stones' (a loose interpretation of 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone').

#75     Apr 22, 2009
  6. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Reminds me of the chairman from Enron that had a conscience.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/25/enron.suicide/index.html

The psychopaths take their bonus and maybe some jail time, the non-psychopaths are suicides or suicidED.

BTW, there is a lot of info out there about how the intel agencies have raised suiciding those who don't cooperate to a high art.

What happened to the people replaced at fanny/freddie/AIG?

#76     Apr 22, 2009
  7. wmb

wmb

#77     Apr 22, 2009