Freddie Mac acting CFO found dead at home

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 22, 2009.

1. #11     Apr 22, 2009
  2. Common tactic for senior management in trouble. Get a naive, ambitious guy into the difficult position - then he can't get out of it.

Clinton rang up a suicide this way.

Condolences to the family.

#12     Apr 22, 2009
  3. I love how no bad news comes out for a month or so and with the market at its upper limits, we start getting rumors and bad news.

#13     Apr 22, 2009
  4. All I have to say is this is very odd. It's not like he was a fund manager and invited family and friends to invest in it and they lost tons of money.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUSN2252992720090422

Freddie Mac acting CFO apparent suicide - reports
    Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33am EDT

WASHINGTON, April 22 (Reuters) -
    David Kellermann, the chief financial officer of mortgage giant Freddie Mac, was found dead in his Virginia home on Wednesday, an apparent suicide, police and CNN said.

Kellermann, 41, was discovered before dawn in his suburban Washington home in Fairfax County, Virginia, police said. They did not confirm the exact cause of death but CNN said it had confirmed he had committed suicide.

#14     Apr 22, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

Conservatives will blame it on barney frank

#15     Apr 22, 2009
  6. bit

bit

Yep, up until this point, all the news has been rosy. /sarcasm

#16     Apr 22, 2009
  7. belmondo

belmondo

well, first one. now wait if CEO, CFO of AIG will do the same.

#17     Apr 22, 2009
  8. Mnphats

Mnphats

What problem? I just don't see a problem?:D

#18     Apr 22, 2009
  9. Years ago here in TX, the head of the state's lottery commission was found murdered in his home near Austin.
    No leads, no clues, nothing.
    Never solved.
    This "suicide" looks fishy too.

Prayers for the family.

#19     Apr 22, 2009
  10. nxsux

nxsux

actually... rumors are coming out that he was asked to step down by Obama... and wouldn't... and a presidential motorcade was seen fleeing from the house early this morning.

Welcome to the "New Policy". I'm guessing he was a very by-the-book CFO who refused Geithners "Mark to Whatever makes the mess look better" accounting policy.

GM's Wagoner was offered the same "out", but decided to forcibly resign.

--
    In all seriousness... condolences to the family.

#20     Apr 22, 2009