Fred Thompson makes it official, entering presidential race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 30, 2007.

1. Thanks. That is an interesting link. Looks like Tancredo, Paul and Al Gore got very high ratings.

#21     May 30, 2007
  2. LT701

LT701

given your tendency to call tops in a bull market, I'm surprised you worry about taxes at all:p

dont worry, nobody's enforcing your self procalimed exile

you're free!:D

#22     May 30, 2007
  3. LMAOOOO... ouch!!!! dat's gotta sting.

#23     May 30, 2007
  4. LOL. Believe me I've had years where my carry over losses were more than the net worth of 90% of this board. I got lucky in a couple of trades because of that ill-fated ES call (I made a few revenge trades that actually worked, lol) and now I post my positions and trades. I'm streaky but having a decent year.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90873

#24     May 30, 2007
  5. You and I are in agreement on this issue, but I think you are being a bit harsh on his record. From the numbersusa summary of his record:

Career Record Source: Congressional Record
    Leans toward less immigration, less population growth, less foreign labor.

So he is not perfect, but neither is he in the Kennedy/McCain/Bush camp. His position on the current bill is no doubt heavily influenced by his assessment of the feelings of republican primary voters. I note that his backers include many of the republican party establishment, which is ardently pushing this bill. So you are probably correct that it is a dubious conversion, one no doubt made easier by his assumption that the bill will pass and he will never have to address the issue again.

Still, his record is far better than McCain's or Guiliani's. Romney has taken the same position as Thompson, and his sincerety is about as dubious. Any democrat who is a candidate will be far worse as well.

#25     May 31, 2007
  6. What a fear monger you are.

Classic rethugniklan...

I wonder how insecure you really are, constantly mentioning how much money you make...

You sound like a bed wetter to me...

Time is running out old man...

#26     May 31, 2007
  7. I think I'm around 15-20 years younger than you, eh?

#27     May 31, 2007
  8. Wouldn't matter if you were 30 or 40 years younger, you are waaay past your prime, mostly living in the past, living in fear, and terrified of it...

You remind me of the Springsteen song, "Glory Days."

#28     May 31, 2007
  9. considering the fact that the Clinton's have received a lot of $$$ in campaign finance from pro Israel groups, I would say Hillary won't try too hard to keep us from meddling over there.

This damn war will bankrupt this country, if it already hasn't. The problem with Americans are most of them are living a life financed by debt, so they don't see the problem with our government financing trillion $$$ military cluster fucks with debt. The military isn't a profit center, it is mal investment. It needs to be financed with debt or taxes. We have been borrowing during Bush, Hillary will likely raise your taxes.

#29     May 31, 2007