freaking amazing or pure garbage???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Rare wine is not necessarily good.
    Old wine is not necessarily good.

But if that guy keeps singing like that, you should just turn up to the gig, your wish is likely to happen spontaneously trying to screech out decibels like that. It cant be healthy.

#21     Oct 1, 2007

2. interesting. death metal has cookie monster like growled vocals--this is not death metal---more like emo screamo grindcore techno with a metal edge if i had to define the sound. no doubt sampled sounding--keyboards and no drummer.

great observation regarding the matrix! given the name "tron" i don't doubt it.

believe it or not, its not easy doing vocals like that, in addition, that cat can really sing at times.

thanks for the feedback!

surf

#22     Oct 2, 2007
  3. speaking of screaming, here is the world's premier "screaming" coach with the top female death metal vocalist angela from "arch enemy". I still can't believe a woman can sound like this---

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdjoK8D6DwI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdjoK8D6DwI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#23     Oct 2, 2007

4. Lol, i dont know what emo is, nor do i like the way every single "sound" has to be given its own name, to differentiate it from something virtually identical.
    Still, you would kind of want to know berfore turning up at a concert, right!

"Oh, that band sucked!!!"

"What , you didnt know they were a neojuice podfunk khakinad modmetal kongotron boner band?"

"Uh, no. No, i didnt. They still sucked though."

No, its not easy to scream like that, but i just hate the sound-its not singing, to me, white noise at 120 decibels would be as meaningful or enjoyable, jmo of course.

#24     Oct 2, 2007
  5. lol, yeah. Anyone that pretends that is anything but the expression of a mental case, are themselves ill.

Before the politically correct crowd overran us sane folks, this kind of illness was treated with a straight jacket and 20 years in a padded room.

[​IMG]

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

#25     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Whoa there Mr stock, the mental aspect is important; its my conjecture, that the "performance" in the genghis tron OP clip is very much ABOUT therapy for the singer, the band.
    How one could like that stuff, im not sure; you might notice, in that clip, the extent to which the handfull of audience was "getting into it", not much it seems.

I could tell you about a band, in a country town, doing the usual thing, went for a stage dive, and nobody knew what to do, the lead singer just went *splat* on the floor, people just milling around, "what the f**k was that?"
    They may have heard of stagediving, but didnt beleive it, or know what to do. Maybe they just thought the band sucked, and collectively thought "hey, lets just NOT catch him", who knows.

Music is very personal, that's all there is too it.
    As for enrico caruso, he may have been the best of his generation, or era , but even he was stuck with old material, a stifling tradition of opera.
    Or, was the tradition the only thing that held its popularity?
    Why are "greatest hits" of the 70's etc, still in existence, if not a vast personal requirement of the music itself, to reflect, somehow, on a persons life , familiarity, identification, or "tradition"?

Possibly too deep, i dont know.

#26     Oct 2, 2007
  7. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Very nice! The music that the op posted however, wtf is that??? I find it depressing for some reason. So gore-ish.

#27     Oct 3, 2007
  8. Banjo

Banjo

why not just go to the source:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060927-monkey-video.html

#28     Oct 3, 2007
  9. So you're asking if I have an opinion on some guy screaming his lungs out? No sir I don't. Perhaps I'd have an opinion on that teckno track if it wasn't for the guy screaming all over it.

#29     Oct 3, 2007
  10. Nordic

Nordic

#30     Oct 3, 2007