France Seeks Big Role in Post-War Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by okwon, Mar 25, 2003.

1. I wouldn't be so quick to assume they will be shut out of Iraq. Tony Blair is already making a big push for the UN to administer Iraq. No doubt he sees cutting the French and Germans in as a way to smooth over differences.

Even the US wants to get Iraqi's running things as quickly as possible. They have a lot of historical connections to the French and Russians, and those countries are much better at the bribery and corruption game than US companies. For one thing, their governments sanction it, ours prosecutes it.

#11     Mar 26, 2003
  2. okwon

okwon

Gotta agree with you there. The US anti-corruption laws definitely put US companies at a disadvantage when dealing in the less developed third-world countries. Especially since bribery is a standard practice in many countries and not really considered corrupt.

#12     Mar 26, 2003
  3. the only reason to let the french in is if they need to fix all the equipment they already sold them and is now getting damaged.

#13     Mar 26, 2003
  4. rs7

rs7

Aphie, the truth is that when you play on my level, the equipment doesn't make a whole lot of diffence. My next set of irons will probably be made by Hasbro.
    (Got the TM 360....too big....returning it, will stick with my trusty Hawkeye VFT).

Peace,
    :)rs7

#14     Mar 26, 2003