France, Germany to Propose Financial-Transaction Tax

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Aug 16, 2011.

1. +1

There is no way the UK would sign onto an EU only FTT:)

-Guru

#11     Aug 16, 2011
  2. Which isn't much of a problem if you are trading on an exchange with a central counterparty.

It might be a problem for OTC trades, however.

#12     Aug 16, 2011
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

paul rotter should be mad as hell !

how about other hi freq firms trading on eurex?

anybody left who has some doubts that politicians make the worst decisions in every area? the goal is to hurt the businesses and most of the citizens as hard as possible.

sadly, european people are too weak to overtrone sarkozy or merkel.

fernsehen, flasche und wurste

#13     Aug 16, 2011
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Just a reminder, Deutsche Boerse (majority owned) NYSE 60/40 merger

#14     Aug 16, 2011
  5. I don't care, I live in the US.

HAHA for eurozone. more business for us here in the USA.

#15     Aug 16, 2011
  6. Uk already has huge stamp duty on stock transactions, it makes no difference whether they sign or not. USA will probably follow, and the orient will become the last bastion of capitalism as it has always been.

#16     Aug 16, 2011
  7. Thats fine I will move to china and hang the red banner flag in my new china house.

GO CHINA!!

#17     Aug 16, 2011
  8. Why is everyone talking like this is a done deal? This is merely a proposal for an EU ftt. This really isn't news as this proposal was supposed to be coming in the fall anyway.

All EU countries would have to agree to this or France and or Germany could decide to go it alone (highly unlikely). There is no way the UK or a handful of other countries is going to sign onto this garbage tax.

-Guru

#18     Aug 16, 2011
  9. When they have nothing concrete to say during a crisis, they just propose a FTT, which probably won't pass anyway. It's a convenient place marker.

#19     Aug 16, 2011
  10. sheda

sheda

Uh no about 75% of transaction are exempt from stamp duty because institutions and many funds are not required to pay it.

It makes a HELL of a difference if all are subjected to an FTT as well as foreign exchange trades.

And to the silly little noob who thinks this is funny ~ how old are you, exactly?

#20     Aug 16, 2011