Fractals Edge Forex

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by damo484, Nov 29, 2006.

1. damo484

damo484

Has any-one had any experience with these guys? They used to run a normal stock trading and futures system with a similar title/method. They have now branched out into Forex (like everyone else). They keep sending me emails with results that look like a money making machine. Here is one of them. http://www.fractalsedge-fx.com/Walk-Forward-Trade-Summary-Aug20-Nov10.pdf

If anyone has had any experience with them some feedback would be appreciated.

2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I receive them too but have no time to read them yet.

Have u downloaded their free training manuals? How good are they?

3. The software looks like a straight copy of Bill williams' stuff in the books Trading Chaos and New Trading Dimensions.

The basis is 3 displaced moving averages with a couple of other momentum indicators. There is absolutely no need to buy this software when the indicators are in every charting platform and the use and parameters for the indicators is spelled out completely in the Williams books. Just buy the books. The second book, New Trading dimensions is probably better than Trading Chaos, although both contain some pseudoscientific crap along with the system, which is basically a MA trend-following system.

4. damo484

damo484

i've downloaded the manuals and have had a read. the manuals provide some good info and are worth the time.

i havn't finished reading bill williams books but i'll have to agree, the software and whats written in the books certainly look very similar! might as well spend some time creating them myself!

thanks for your feedback on this. it confirms my thoughts.

damo

5. I am going to be blunt. A sample size of a year and a half with only 90 trades is not near sufficient to put real capital to work. Demand for 2.0+ profit factor, over 70% wins and over 500 trades minimum.