Fractal nature of stock market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gettinglucky, May 12, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

also, you guys feel free to post anything as to how supernatural forces affect the stock market

#11     May 16, 2010
  2. maxpi

maxpi

A trend is a trend
    indeed truly your friend
    no matter the time involved

One man's counter trend trade is another man's consolidation for that matter...

All these statistics guys, eventually they are going to use some DSP thingy to identify the noise and subtract it out and then they will see the nature of the trend.. on whatever fractal level they focus on of course...

#12     May 16, 2010
  3. +1

#13     May 16, 2010
  4. The Fushigi magic gravity ball will read everyone's minds and predict the future!!

:D

#14     May 17, 2010
  5. Mav88

Mav88

I thought it was funny the way he started this thread. Here's a topic, ok you guys talk.

#15     May 17, 2010

6. well said!

#16     May 17, 2010
  7. fractals have the same pattern when looked at at any magnification. i don't believe the same holds true for financial markets. a line on a stock for a 1 day period doesn't look the same as a line on a stock for a 5 year period.

however i do agree that the markets do have a degree of irrationality in them no different then the people who make up the markets.

#17     May 17, 2010
  8. this question is WAY above the heads of the vermin here

ask it elsewhere, if you are serious

#18     May 17, 2010
  9. Ironically, the properties of fractal behavior imply quite the opposite.

As to anyone interested in fractal education (not the maligned TA version), what better source than reading literature from the original source himself, b. mandelbrot.

There are several easily accessible layman's books authored by mandelbrot; go pick them up and spend some time reading them.

#19     May 17, 2010
  10. thank u. reading is fundamental.

#20     May 17, 2010