FoxB channel, are you kidding?!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Wow they have kicked CNBC's butt for hot chicks that seem to know what they are talking about. WOW! I am calling Schwab to get Fox B via their feed, which for me is cable, as opposed to my delayed Dish feed for TV. I don't care who gives me current news, but eye candy that knows what they are talking about trumps the basic talking head everyday!
    The wife may have to learn business terms. Ok maybe not, since she does better than most traders in her own field, and has the assets on top of it. :)))) Oh I will get my ass kicked for that post.

2. Dennis kneale, who knows, but the rest is a definite patten of appealing t the male psycology. It works, good plan.

3. jnbadger

jnbadger

I intentionally don't have a tv in my cave. I have CNBC on Think or Swim on my laptop, but I never watch it. I usually listen to Dan Patrick in the morning.

I don't understand why anyone would want to watch business news while trading. The fact that they need chicks to get people to watch just shows how superficial it is.

4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Oh my goodness. I just realized what an old conservative fuddy duddy I am.

Crap.

:(

5. Actually I think everyone should have some kind of news feed. I am not willing to pay for some of the overpriced "pro" sources. While they are not always the most timely I do like to catch econ numbers when they come out, and on those days like Sept 11 I knew right away that something was going on and there would be an effect on the markets. I got short a very small ES position. Had I not known something bad was happening I could have been long premarket, as I had a trade I took a few times a week based on morning premarket range. I would have been filling my shorts and throwing my computers out the window by not having a news program on tv.
    That is an extreme, but there have been other smaller news events that I stayed safe by having news on, or at least got the heck out and flat with a smaller loss than not knowing what was happening.