Fox says that Republicans will lose it all

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yep, they're saying that with Romney as the republican candidate it is likely the GOP will not win the Presidency, will not win the Senate and will likely lose the House.

Wow.

Hard to believe that this country would reelect Barrack Obama. Fox is showing that Romney has very high negative polling numbers.

'Sup with that?

2. pspr

pspr

Who is reporting the story on Fox?

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

It was a panel of pundits discussing poll number for favorability and unfavorability.

Romney was -16 and Obama +10.

Fox isn't exactly left leaning.

4. pspr

pspr

I think they are getting that from the ABC/Washington Post poll

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1127a21FavorabilityNo21.pdf

I don't really trust those polls out of leftist groups much. Most of the country isn't that familiar with Romney. All they've seen is the left attacking him so I wouldn't put a lot of weight on this unless it dogs him coming out of the convention and gas prices have fallen back.

According to Gallup, Obama's favorability was at 50% about a month ago and I doubt it has climbed 10 points with gas prices continuing to go up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ince-bob-dole/2011/08/25/gIQAMudIWR_blog.html

Personally, I think Romney is in good shape. The economy, oil/gas prices and Iran/Israel will be the biggest factors in this election cycle. There is probably a wild card lurking out there somewhere, too. We'll see that played in October.

5. Obama has a<50% approval rating, which has doomed the last three incumbents who had it.

Romney's numbers may improve when people get to know him better, but I have to think people's opinion of Obama is pretty well formed.

6. I think republicans keep the House,they might take the Senate but they wont have the 60 needed to do whatever they want.Obama wins re election imo

7. Excellent news.

But Romney's numbers will improve.

8. A lot of people know Romney.His favorability is low because of his flip flopping Gorden Gekko image . It will only get worse when Obama and the media go all out against him in the general election.Obama is also going to own him in the debates

9. Obama doing well in important swing states largely because the republican governors in those states are very unpopular

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74579.html

Poll: Obama on 'roll' in 3 swing states

By: Tim Mak

March 28, 2012

President Barack Obama leads potential Republican presidential nominees Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum in the crucial swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, a new Quinnipiac poll shows.

No presidential candidate has won the White House since 1960 without winning at least two of the three swing states, and the president currently holds a lead over Santorum and Romney in all three.

In Florida, Obama leads Romney 49 percent to 42 percent, and Santorum 50 percent to 37 percent.

In Ohio, Obama holds a 47 percent to 41 percent lead over Romney, and a 47 percent to 40 percent lead over Santorum.

In Pennsylvania, which Santorum represented as a senator, Obama leads him 48 percent to 41 percent. Romney actually performs better than Santorum in Pennsylvania, trailing Obama by 3 points: 45 percent to 42 percent.

“President Barack Obama is on a roll in the key swing states. If the election were today, he would carry at least two states. And if history repeats itself, that means he would be reelected,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

A majority of voters in these states say that the economy is still in recession but also that the economy is beginning to recover.

In Florida, 68 percent believe the United States is in a recession, but 57 percent believe that a recovery is under way. In Ohio, the figures are 68 percent and 58 percent, respectively; in Pennsylvania, 65 percent and 57 percent.

In all three states, the economy was listed as the issue most important in determining their vote, which may explain the president’s leads.

In Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, the economy was “extremely important” or “very important” in the votes of 90 percent, 91 percent and 88 percent of voters, respectively.

The poll was conducted March 20-26, with 1,228 Florida voters, 1,246 Ohio voters and 1,232 Pennsylvania voters surveyed. The margin of error was plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

THAT is "Excellent news".

#10     Apr 1, 2012