Fox News War on Journalism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 5, 2011.

1. is your post:

A. News
    B. Opinion
    C. Propaganda

?

Any answer you choose will be wrong, (only because it will derived from horrendous logic)

#31     Apr 6, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Chris Matthews, Rachael Maddow, Ed Schultz give news? Since when?

#32     Apr 6, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Give me an example of news FOX or MSNBC has spread to harm someone.

#33     Apr 6, 2011
  4. See Mav, caught u in a bias.

Let me post this again.

–noun
    information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

These groups believe they are doing a service to their constituents by painting pictures to influence opinion, even if they have to "stretch" content or context to do it. It is good for them, and good for America. And both of these channels are hideously guilty, if the other side is to be believed, of engaging actively in definition number one.

You know what they say about the road to hell, don't you?

#34     Apr 6, 2011
  5. My post is broken into two parts, as evidenced by the use of a period.

Fox has higher ratings. This is a fact. Therefore, it is news.

The second part was prefaced by the words, I think. Ipso facto, it is opinion.

See how logic works?

#35     Apr 6, 2011
  6. Since Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh gave news:D

#36     Apr 7, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

Yeah, MSNBC just gives "News" alright.

You mean the news where they tried for months to paint the Tea-Partiers as violent racists, even though there was a tiny minority of racists in the crowd(less than 5%), and absolutely no violence from them?

Or were they giving news, when they took a picture of a black guy in a crowd with an assault rifle on his back, and chopped the pictures so all you could see was his white shirt, and painted the guy as an angry white racist?

These are a couple examples off the top of my head, but i could go on and on and on.

#37     Apr 7, 2011

8. oh thank you for that ... it hadn't crossed my mind how logic works ..

#38     Apr 7, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

Here is some "News" for you from MSNBC.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYKQJ4-N7LI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

#39     Apr 7, 2011
  10. Of course you can, they are propagandists, just like Fox. That is why the word news is in parentheses.

Oy vey!

#40     Apr 7, 2011