Fox News War on Journalism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 5, 2011.

1. By the way Mav, I plan on driving Hybrid too, as soon as it gets built.:D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s0ysj81EjAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#21     Apr 6, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

Pure bullshit. Watch how many dissenting points of view MSNBC puts on any of its night time programming, compared to Fox. The only balanced show MSNBC has is Morning Joe. Doesnt mean i dont watch some of their programs though, i constantly flip back and foreword to hear the talking points of both sides. On monday when Obama flip flopped on guantanamo, i didnt even see them mention it on any of their night time programming, but they sure were right in there skewering conservatives for it while Obama was on the campaign trail. Frankly i was amazed at how they routinely dismissed it, i intentionally tuned in because i was hoping to see some crying from the liberals, but it was to no avail.

#22     Apr 6, 2011
  3. I used to work third shift. I would watch Olberman, Maddow, Matthews, and go over and watch Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck( until he jumped the shark)

I would catch all of em in distortions.

News channels are supposed to shoot down the middle. That is the difference between news pieces and op-ed pieces. So, I would have to listen to the neo-libs and then the neo-cons to get near the truth of an issue.

And I WILL be driving a Hybrid, and be proud of it too:D

#23     Apr 6, 2011
  4. MSNBC does not waste time with the sham. Do you think Hannity and Combs was about providing dissenting points, or about Hannity beating up on a rag doll? Reminded me of WWE:D

#24     Apr 6, 2011
  5. Ok, be that as it may ....

which group threatens laws to shut the other down?

I don't subscribe to the "there is no difference between left and right" opinion, I always know immediately when you a leftist.

#25     Apr 6, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

So you agree that there is zero conservative representation on MSNBC, then how does fox do "A better job tending to their sheep" then msnbc?

#26     Apr 6, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm going to have to stop you again. Both MSNBC and FOX offer daytime news and nighttime op ed. Everyone and their brother knows that primetime cable news channels cannot survive repeating what the nightly news at 6:30 eastern time reports. So the evening programming consists of op ed programs which score higher ratings. And again, I take offense to the word propaganda. Neither channel engages in propaganda. They report news during the day and op ed programs in the evening. Why is this so hard to understand. This has been the protocol for about 15 years now.

#27     Apr 6, 2011
  8. Well if you disagree Mav, that is fine with me, but that does not change the reality of it. It is propaganda.

prop·a·gan·da&#8194; &#8194;
    [prop-uh-gan-duh]
    –noun
    information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
    the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
    the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

#28     Apr 6, 2011
  9. Fox has much higher ratings. I think it is because they give, "news" as well as entertainment to it's sheep.

MSNBC, just gives "news"

#29     Apr 6, 2011
  10. Okay, Mav, I will quailfy my statement and say, they use propaganda only at night.(When everybody is watching)

#30     Apr 6, 2011