Fox news poll 84% say bernanke needs to go

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jnorty, Jan 22, 2010.

1. YES, POSTPONED.. and made the next crisis even more severe!

But what else could he do? In a politician's eye, "a problem postponed is a problem solved".

And either a Fed chairpussy is going to go along with the easy money desires of the current administration (GreenScam, Bernanke), or oppose easy money "for our own good"... like Volker. And wasn't the Administration furious with Volker? Sure they wanted "inflation stopped", but not at the expense of high interest rates and a recession.... even the prez "can't have it both ways"...

#11     Jan 23, 2010
  2. Based on 1930's history, prevented. Not the fall, but the collapse, giving time for the financial industry to reorganize itself.

I reckon it will take years to mend. The other option would have been to let the chips fall where they may.
    The truth is that starting from scratch is much harder than starting from bankruptcy. At least you have the physical assets to work with on bks.

#12     Jan 23, 2010
  3. But don't forget he LET the financial crisis get out of hand in the first place! He was frequently criticized as being too lax during his early time at the Fed and the Fed is a regulator of bank holding companies and he didn't do squat to prevent them from taking on too much risk!

I mean come on, anyone could of asked for $700 billions no strings attached and then say they saved the economy from depression. And don't forget the financial crisis started in earnest after they let Lehman Brothers go down, so much for being a force of stability and confidence! Him and his predecessors were responsible for the crisis and a lacklustre comeback isn't going to wash everything away.

#13     Jan 23, 2010
  4. Actually, it started when the Dems MANDATED the granting of mortgages to non-qualified borrowers.. for political gain, of course. (You know, the same farkin' Dems with all of the power and control today.)

Others enabled and participated in the criminality afterwords...

#14     Jan 23, 2010
  5. So after all this time we go back to blaming the politicians? Yeah, really good analysis. Politicians just take money from whomever is handing it and do as they're told, blaming the politician is like blaming the PR spokesman of the company for what's happened.

The power lies to those who create the money, not use it, it's the banks.

#15     Jan 23, 2010
  6. You think I haven't seen this video? This is what I was referring to, when no matter how much we learned about the crisis someone had to come back and blame politicians. Better than blaming politicians, but blaming Democrats! Man, the Democrats and Republicans are like Coke and Pepsi.

Anyone who says "Democrats this" or "Republicans that" is seriously suspect in the intellect department. They don't give the orders, they don't write the bills, they simply are the public face of the american titans of industry.

May I counter your link with a link of my own:
    http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-S...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264276686&sr=8-1

Wall Street was running the show here, and they pulled all levers to grow the size of this very profitable market, including pulling the strings in Washington. Clinton and Bush both wrote laws that supported sub-prime borrowing, and it wasn't based on morals, on minority rights or whatever, it was because that's what Wall Street wanted, period.

#17     Jan 23, 2010

7. The word 'bubble' hadn't been spoken in this country in a very long time. You really think it is just coincidence that we had a real estate bubble and a stock market bubble within a ten year period?

As my link suggests, funny financing incorporated into mortgages implemented during the mid 90 was the original cause of this mess. The stock market bubble of the late 90's is clear evidence of this.

#18     Jan 23, 2010
  8. Maybe Peter Schiff will land the job. :p

#19     Jan 23, 2010
  9. Illum

Illum

It's not like anyone else would do any better, it is the Fed itself that destroys the wealth of anyone who would like to save money.

#20     Jan 23, 2010