Fox news "Obama leads swing states"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Is the sun on shining on the corn today? What the heck you doing here on such a beautiful day? I'm at work for another hour or so, then I'll be outta' here.

#61     Sep 15, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

You need to hide there, RCG. Hide in the corn and don't come out until I come to get you out, racist. :D

#62     Sep 15, 2012
  3. Yesterday was my day off, gotta work this weekend. Sunshine will reset your biorhythms, so I have to avoid it when possible. I was outside yesterday, inside today.

The harvest is depressing this year. The corn was brown back in July.
    The talk around here is what kind of winter we are going to have, and, oddly, the election.

#63     Sep 15, 2012
  4. Yeah I know all about the midnight shift. Worked it for 3 years back in the 80's. We worked 6 nights a week and I found that one lousy day off really screwed me up. Better to just keep at it. I think it would kill me now.

#64     Sep 15, 2012
  5. Eight

Eight

Hopefully, none of your worries will materialize. I don't foresee any riots if either party takes the White House.

#65     Sep 15, 2012
  6. Nights is a lifestyle. Many who seek to be Owls do not realize this.

#66     Sep 15, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then why would they "seek" to be owls then?

#67     Sep 15, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

"Driving 20 foot SUV's to get to our second homes to go ATVing or snowmobiling."

There is a lot of truth built into your post.

I recently spent a couple of weeks towing a 20' Boston Whaler behind a 55' Chris Craft around up into the San Juan Islands to feast on salmon and crab and swill Polish vodka. Pure baby boomer hedonism. We don't care about social security, we're more worried about whether the stabilized marine satellite tracking antenna for wideband internet is going to be able to stream 1080p movies to the boat in Canadian waters. :D

That doesn't mean I won't accept Social Security when the time comes but it certainly isn't something I think about or count on.

Basically I paid into SS for decades (well, the first few months each year anyway) and have no expectation that I'm ever going to see a dime of it. I'm not counting on government medical care either. Most boomers aren't going to collect and you know it. That money is gone gone gone.

#68     Sep 15, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

LOL. RCG must really wish he could have been born in the days of philosophers. Or old west Indians. :D

#69     Sep 15, 2012