Fox news "Obama leads swing states"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Most boomers were children in the 60's. The oldest of us, born in 45 were but teenagers. If we're going to lay blame, which I don't agree in doing, the blame lays with this group, and here's some blasphamy for ya. It's the so called greatest generation, that's who is to "blame". They were in charge during the 60's and 70's. They bent over backwards trying to appease their kids, the boomers. They said yes when they should have said no. They wanted their kids to have a better life, more comfort. Who could blame them after going through the depression and a world war. They did what they thought was the right thing, which is why I really don't subscribe to the blame game. But we got weak. Then there is also the very real infliltration of the radical left, the real cause of our downfall, commie in their roots, which seized the opportunity to prey upon this weakness. Like old Nikita said, we will conquer them without firing a shot. For those who are patient, it's the best way to win a war.

#51     Sep 15, 2012
  2. Except that black people do not really look like monkeys. Our hair is not straight, our skin has a higher content of pigment than a monkey.

#52     Sep 15, 2012
  3. To add to this, as Gen Xer, the child of a boomer, I gotta say that in all fairness WWII tore a gaping hole in the fabric of humanity. They only sought to try prevent this from ever happening again.

#53     Sep 15, 2012
  4. Mercor

Mercor

If only the younger voters would understand this.
    The Boomers are consumers and resource using monsters. Driving 20 foot SUV's to get to our second homes to go ATVing or snowmobiling.
    The Boomers are going to clean out the assets of medicare and social security.

Thankfully Obama came along and took 5 trillion dollars from the younger voters next 30 years of paychecks and gave that money to the boomers.
    Now Obama's mandate is going to force young voters to help pay for the boomers medical bills.

I see these young voters driving little smart cars the smaller then a golf cart. paying $4 a gallon gas because we don't drill. They have to work longer and get less benefits from SS and medicare. They will live a life of limits.
    Do they know that their money is being taking to help the boomers pigs

I feel sorry for them.

#54     Sep 15, 2012
  5. Tough call, I'm a boomer and I don't even recognize my classmates with their friggin ideas, who the heck and where the heck did these people come up with these lame ass programs and ideas which are detrimental to our country.

On one hand, a large group of boomers are clueless as to how this happened, (you know, just went to work raaised a family, living the life - me {:>)) and then you have a group of boomers I suppose from another planet trying to do me you and everyone else a favor by raping someone else out of pay, taxes or whatever

I don't know...:eek:

#55     Sep 15, 2012
  6. LOL! This boomer pig paid into SS and medicare for 40+ years. I want my promised return on MY MONEY. Boomers aren't cleaning out the assets of SS. That was done long ago by the criminals in congress when they moved all the money to the general fund. Had they not done that there would be a surplus of money which would last till the end of days. Quit hatin' on the victim.

#56     Sep 15, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

It's not us boomers or any one generation. The population does seem to be dumber with each new generation, though. But, maybe that's just my changing perspective.

#57     Sep 15, 2012
  8. Actually, we are in one right now. How it is being fought is the real question.

#58     Sep 15, 2012
  9. I actually realized this when my non political associates began coming to me. They know I am very political. They started telling me they are voting for Obama. At first I asked myself, why the need to say this? Then I realized that right now America is polarized, and if things get bad, folks want other folks to know which side they are on. Racism is on the rise, on all sides. The far right went nutty first, and then the far left followed suit. But most of us are in the middle somewhere. I think the tension in the air is palpable, and no matter who wins, that tension will be released.

If Obama wins, the SS win have it's hands full. If Mittens wins, there may be large scale civil unrest. I am actually happy to be in the corn right now, where the only thing going on is harvest. I try to keep it that way, but rural people are very curious, so they have managed to build a profile of me. Now they come to me to say which way they are voting.

Honestly, that bodes ill. Up the road the reason will become apparent.

#59     Sep 15, 2012
  10. Somehow, the bell got hung around the boomer cat. I don't really know how this meme started, but it is growing, I hear it in the real world, not just in the Matrix, and it bothers me a bit.

#60     Sep 15, 2012