Fox News Has Top 13 Out of 15 Shows In Cable News. CNN & MSNBC Ratings Pathetic.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc822, Feb 2, 2010.

1. IT'S NOT JUST GLENN BECK: FOX News Has Lost 21% Of Its Audience This Year
    Glynnis MacNicol and Joseph Alexiou | Mar. 30, 2011, 4:35 PM | 87,639 | 90
    A A A

inShare
    Fox News has the top 12 most-watched shows so far this year.
    Which is perhaps not totally surprising since this marks the network's ninth straight year as the number one channel in cable.
    That is not to say it's all rainbows and unicorns. (Or cupcakes and caliphates.) All of Fox's top shows posted double digit losses year over year.
    Glenn Beck suffered the biggest drop, losing 30% of his audience compared to the first quarter last year. But he wasn't alone. Top ranking O'Reilly lost 14% of his audience, Sean Hannity, up a spot from 2010, lost 19%, and Bret Baier, who pushed Beck out of the top three, lost 13%.
    Greta Van Susteren, who has been bleeding viewers to Anderson Cooper this month, is down 22.86%.

All in all Fox News actually lost 21% of its primetime audience during the quarter.

Compare this to CNN which is up 28% in primetime and MSNBC which is up 9% (Rachel Maddow increased by 16.65% and Anderson Cooper by 18%) and then take into consideration all the breaking news there's been since Christmas, and one might begin to draw the conclusion that people are beginning to turn elsewhere for news news coverage.

Another explanation, of course, is that this time period last year was dominated by the health care debate and for much of that period Fox operated as an extension of the opposition. Now that the nation's focus is international it's harder to figure out an angle where Obama is bad and...nuclear meltdowns and Qadaffi are good.

*All numbers from Neilsen.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-beck-ratings-fox-q1-2011-3#ixzz1KryC0Pzt

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

I saw a clip from CNN the other day and couldn't believe how biased they have become. They don't report the news as news like they used to. No wonder nobody watches them anymore. The same thing happended to MSNBC. I used to watch them regularly but not anymore. And, network news is even worse. Hard to believe but it is.

The only channel I can expect to get unbiased news coverage is FOX. Sure, they have shows like Beck and Oreilly but even though they are not news shows Oreilly always presents both sides. Beck is a little out there but I've never seen him make statements that weren't true.

I like how the left portrays FOX News. "FOX lies. FOX lies. FOX lies." What do they lie about, point out where they lie please. "I donno, FOX lies. FOX lies.........." Idiot liberals.

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

landis, you havent been here for a while. so what do you do on the first day back? search out all the old threads in which drjekyllus posted ages ago and resurrect them.

he must have really, really pissed you off.

#13     Apr 29, 2011
  4. Also my perception of Beck. America will be the poorer without him!

So, why is he leaving (or being cancelled)? There has been a strong movement from the Left to get advertisers to boycott his show. Anyone with half a brain knows why... it's because Beck shines light on the Leftists and they don't like it.

Reality... Fox tries to tell the truth about everything... as journalists should. The MSM, with their strong Left bias, LIES ABOUT NEARLY EVERYTHING THEY SAY and they censor the news to not report that which would make the Left look bad. (Plenty of THAT, you know)

The 4th estate, except for Fox, has let us all down. Between their strong Left bias and the Left bias in the education system... K-COLLEGE!... America as we've known it doesn't have a chance. It's just a matter of time until we live under a dictatorial boot.

:mad: :mad:

#14     Apr 29, 2011
  5. There's a reason why the red states rank at the bottom income, GDP per capita, education, etc. etc.. ,all one has to do is read some the garbage in this forum.

The red states really are a major drag on the economy. I have no idea why the country doesn't split or find a way to "remove" these degenerates one way or another.

#15     Apr 29, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i would so love this to happen.

#16     Apr 29, 2011
  7. olias

olias

Come on now...

#17     Apr 29, 2011
  8. olias

olias

they all have their bias, but Fox has got to be the worst of the worst. If you're going to watch Fox, at least balance it out by watching some other news programming as well. Then decide for yourself who has more credibility. If all you know is Fox news...you will not know which way is up.

#18     Apr 29, 2011
  9. Cotton

Cotton

no, msnbc is worse than fox

#19     Apr 29, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

HAHAHA Me too, we can have the "evil" corporations, and the left can take big government, PETA, and Janeane Garofalo. We will see who ends up on top. :D

#20     Apr 29, 2011