Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera, Dana Perino Call Out Trump for Failing to Condemn Roseanne’s Racism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, May 30, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Geraldo Rivera said on The Five today Trump should’ve made a point of condemning Barr’s racism:

“The President missed an opportunity today. Here, it would have been so easy. I mean, when I was with him, I said, ‘You need more black people around.’ I think that you have an opportunity here––just a passing phrase, you know. He could say everything he said, but start it with, ‘This is abhorrent, this is awful, I don’t condone this. As much as I like her comedy, this wasn’t funny.’ It would have been easy for him to reach out and to deny the naysayers.”

And towards the end of the segment, Dana Perino agreed, saying Trump could have “owned the media” by trying to “tweet something else” instead of just “a grievance for himself.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-new...rump-for-failing-to-condemn-roseannes-racism/

But he met with the white wife of a black man and, for racists, that inoculates him against accusations of racism.

2. exGOPer

exGOPer

Tom Arnold appeared on CNN Wednesday night for an interview with Anderson Cooper, and the actor dished about his ex-wife Roseanne Barr‘s racist Twitter spree that ended up getting her hit ABC sitcom cancelled.

Arnold first told Cooper that he saw this coming, noting he saw “how far gone” Barr was regarding her belief in conspiracy theories, citing Pizzagate and Birtherism.

“By the way, this monkey thing is something she’s tweeted before about black people,” Arnold said. “Why is it ok?! It’s a meme that she and thousands of her alt-right fans do. They love calling black people monkeys. It’s not a one time joke.”

“They do it because we have a white trash racist president,” Arnold said. “That’s a fact. Donald Trump — Roseanne and I have both known him 30 years. That’s an absolute fact.”

Arnold went on to call Trump’s response to the Roseanne tweet, in which the president blasted Disney CEO Bob Iger for not apologizing to him, “insane.”

“I have to say this about the president we have, and his gaslighting and lying,” Arnold continued. “You can see him perpetuating mental health issues for the entire country. Every day he gets on TV and lies and he perpetuates fear and anxiety. He never says things are great. He says, oh my gosh, look how dangerous it is in the inner city and black people.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tom-arn...sh-racist-trump-for-ex-wife-roseannes-tweets/

Slartibartfast, TRS and Tony Stark like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Fox turning on Trump.....I wonder what they know and wish to stay away from?

4. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Fucking retarded. Why the fuck does Trump have to condemn every single statement by anybody in the country makes every fucking time. Who wrote the rule? Fuck off with the constant nonstop stupid ass demands that he bow to your every command.

Perhaps he should just hold a press conference daily just to state he condemns all racism. Every single fucking day for the rest of his presidency.

traderob and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

He could at least try and not make it about himself if he's going to tweet about it.

6. exGOPer

exGOPer

Roseanne was just 'anybody'?

7. Good1

Good1

So you're saying Vallerie Jarret is neither a racial supremacist nor an ideological supremacist nor a religio-ideological supremacist?

What evidence do you have to support that?

8. exGOPer

exGOPer

If I was saying that, you would be quoting me saying that instead of making shit up and then say 'so you're saying'

9. Good1

Good1

You're calling Barr out as a racial supremacist which is the definition of a racist. But your not calling out Jarret. So are you saying Jarret is not a supremacist of any sort? (There are multiple kinds of supremacists).

10. exGOPer

exGOPer

Thanks for the lecture professor, can you tell me what Jarret has said or done for me to call her a 'supremacist'. And please do provide evidence for your claim that Michelle Obama is a trans.

#10     May 31, 2018