Fox News: Democrat Mark Sanford admits to affair...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

It is only hypocritical to you if you accept the preaching’s to be true.
    If you did not accept the moral preaching as true it could not be hypocritical to you.
    So welcome to the conservative side and views.

Second issue is the preaching. Since you agree with the message, you are more comfortable if they are kept quiet. I don't have a problem with that. But who dare be the one to teach the uneducated that adultery, lying, stealing, is wrong.? And how?

#31     Jun 28, 2009
  2. Reading that, there is kind of a logic problem in there...

Of course, believing that lying and adultery is wrong is not a "conservative" view necessarily. There are plenty of people who would call themselves liberal who would agree they are wrong.

Also, the hypocrisy in this case is Mark Sanford's. He was the one talking publicly about credibility, and he is the one who heard his wife tell him to stop seeing his mistress. She actually believed his lie that he was hiking and was surprised that he had gone to Argentina again after she made her views known to him.

So what anyone else thinks about the right or wrong of it doesn't matter. Mark Sanford said it was wrong, knew it was wrong, was told by his wife to stop - then lied about it again and went and had his fun anyway = hypocrite.

Maybe he decided to spend Father's Day with her kids instead of his own.

#32     Jun 28, 2009
    #33     Jun 28, 2009
    #34     Jun 28, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

I don't know anyone on the Christian-Right who has tried to criminalize adultery. By contrast, many on the left are for tax hikes, employment legislation, affirmative action etc which have criminal penalties if you don't toe the line.

Many humans don't commit adultery. Therefore being "human" is not an excuse or reason to commit adultery.

#35     Jun 28, 2009
  6. I have to agree with you there. However, few, if any, other species engage in "liaisons" outside of wedlock. I can't think of any offhand...

#36     Jun 28, 2009
  7. The Christian-Right doesn't attempt to criminalize adultery? We'll that's bizarre.... are they skipping certain parts of the bible where it suggests that both the cheater and mistress be executed?

What about the ten commandments? Can you covet your neighbor's wife, ask for forgiveness from your priest... and move on? Is that what the bible says? I don't think so.

I suppose the radical evangelicals nit-pick what to believe and adhere to... from the bible... aka word of God (to them)... that's not hypocritical in itself.

#37     Jun 28, 2009
  8. Some birds like swans, eagles, doves, geese will stay with one bird for their life, and have babies. They have no religion to tell them to do this. But other birds have many relationships.

#38     Jun 28, 2009
  9. Saw Mitch McConnell on Fox - he refused to answer Brett Baier's question on what he thought of Mark Sanford's behavior and what it means to the GOP.

The guy is politically radioactive.

Reports are that the bartender at Guido's Bar in Argentina says they were making hot and heavy while enjoying their wine.

If he wants to bang a hot Argentinian honey, the least he could do is respect his wife enough to divorce her first and tell his 4 boys he's going to be unavailable on Father's Day because he'd rather be in a bar with his squeeze.

#39     Jun 28, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Only humans could come up with anything as stupid as marriage!

#40     Jun 29, 2009