Fox News Buried Story Of Foley emails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 3, 2006.

1. If the NYT suppressed such a story, they would be in the wrong, unless they fully investigated the story and found that nothing wrong was done.

Fox was wrong to bury this story, and I say that because I am reasonably confident that Fox news does little investigative journalism which would reveal something negative about repubs.

#11     Oct 3, 2006
  2. Had the press not done its job, Foley would still very likely be engaging underage youth in on line sex.

Yes, it is too bad that the child has to suffer a double damage, from the acts of Foley, and then from the embarrassment of the revelations.

However, it is better that the child suffers, than Foley and/or others continue such behavior. The child's parents can instigate lawsuits against parties they feel injured their child.

Clearly the repubs in the house did very little to deal with the problem internally.

By the way, did you feel strongly in favor or not publicizing the Monica Lewinsky story because of the potential psychological damage to both Hillary and Chelsea (victims of Bill's indiscretion), as well as Monica and all family members affected?

ROTFLMAO....

#12     Oct 3, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Yes, I felt strongly that Lewinsky should not have been named publicly. Clearly there were some, including Newsweek who had the chance to break the story and declined, who felt the same way. Of course the irony of this debate is the salient fact that Linda Tripp almost wound up in jail on eavesdropping charges.

#13     Oct 3, 2006
  4. Foxnews - what a scum - the favorite channel of american conservatives:

[​IMG]

#14     Oct 3, 2006
  5. That really is unbelievable.
    Let them even try to say that was an oversight.

Partisan bastards.

The

#15     Oct 3, 2006
  6. WOW that's orwellian

#16     Oct 3, 2006
  7. Hey, by labeling Foley as a Democrat, hapaboy and his right wing friends might stop defending the pedophile.

#17     Oct 3, 2006
  8. You stating that I am defending a pedophile despite all my posts to the contrary are indicative of your infantile mind.

You must grade your unfortunate students on the basis of whether or not they carry one of Chomsky's or Zinn's books into class or not.

"Professor" indeed...

#18     Oct 3, 2006
  9. I watch Fox news here in Australia (I don't get the Comedy Channel unfortunately) and I have seen Foley labelled as a Democrat EVERY TIME he is shown on TV!
    I smell a law suit....

#19     Oct 4, 2006
  10. The problem is that we do not have the full details. This still skirts the issue that I brought up. Two wrongs don't make a right do they? This discussion is quickly becoming futile.

If you want to address the point I'm making feel free. If not, then there really is nothing else for me to discuss.

#20     Oct 4, 2006