Fox News Buried Story Of Foley emails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Meanwhile, Florida newspapers — who were leaked copies of the e-mail with the Louisiana boy last year — defended their decision not to run stories. Both The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald were given copies of the e-mail, as were other news organizations, including Fox News.

"Our decision at the time was ... that because the language was not sexually explicit and was subject to interpretation, from innocuous to 'sick,' as the page characterized it, to be cautious," said Tom Fiedler, executive editor of the Herald. "Given the potentially devastating impact that a false suggestion of pedophilia could have on anyone, not to mention a congressman known to be gay, and lacking any corroborating information, we chose not to do a story."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/03/america/NA_GEN_US_Congressman_Resigns.php

Okay, the right wing media rationalizes why they buried the story...but did they do the job of investigative journalism to interview and find the truth?

Would they have looked the other way if the story was about left wing congressmen from another state?

This is a cover-up, Republiklan style...

2. I am curious as to who the "other" news organizations were. Did the New York Times know about it? Are they the other news organization? If so, then is it valid that they buried the story or are they part of the "conspiracy" as well? It seems terribly convenient to only point out certain news companies to set forth this agenda. Of course I doubt that you really care to find out this truth.

3. What agenda? I don't understand why republican's are so against the New York times when, for instance.. if you remember, Clinton was plastered all over the front pages during his scandal. Is it hard to accept a news organization reporting the news?

Btw,
    The Washington Times (A conservative leaning publication) has called for Denny Hasterts resignation. Do they have an "agenda" too?

All you partisans make me laugh.
    They're all bastards.
    The sooner ya all realize that...
    the sooner we can get this country back on the right track.

-kt

4. The agenda is by the Associated Press who the Tribune got this story from. When they say other news agencies, and then choose to pick three publications that are known to lean conservative, why not list the other agencies as well. Is it because these other news agencies are more liberal leaning and decided to sit on the story as well? This would make the premise that the author is alluding too that conservative publications decided not to run the story of a Republican's scandal look more like a cover up wouldn't you say. The original poster of this thread is saying that exact thing. That is what he gleened from this story.

5. BTW, I wasn't trying to take a shot at the New York Times. I think that if they are one of the other news agencies that had the information this would prove the point that I am making.

6. All you partisans make me laugh.
    They're all bastards.
    The sooner ya all realize that...
    the sooner we can get this country back on the right track.

Right on the money!

7. If it were a liberal democrat, say Hillary having IM chats with an underage page (male or female) of similar nature as the Foley's chats, are you going to sit there and tell me that Fox would have buried that story?

LOL...

8. This has nothing to do with the point I am raising. I'll try to explain.

Let's say that it was Hillary, and the New York Times "suppressed" the story. The Wall Street Journal comes out and says they did along with "other" news agencies. Then they make a point of how the liberals are trying to cover it up.

Later, we discover that the "other" news agency is Fox News. You want to tell me that the Wall Street Journal wouldn't look like it had an agenda at that point.

If the point I am trying to make is still too confusing, let me know.

9. I meant to say liberal media covers it up.

10. Pabst

Pabst

LMFAO. The Left is all outraged that Foley compromised a teenager but they have no qualms about publishing the teenagers e-mail exchange with Foley, even after the teens parents implored that the e-mails remain private. This poor kid has now suffered a million times the damage from his public "outing" compared to the damage caused by Foley's unsolicited advances. But it's all about the children. Yeah, right.

#10     Oct 3, 2006