Fox News Books’ ‘The Women of the Bible Speak’ sits atop bestseller list

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by FortuneTeller, Apr 8, 2021.

1. So everybody before Jesus is imaginary also then. Got it.

#11     May 6, 2021
  2. stu

stu

Where there's no historical evidence whatsoever of any kind, direct or indirect to support their historicity, like it is with Jesus, then yes. They can only be imaginary. Got it?

#12     May 6, 2021
  3. %%
    Heard a good message on Mary + Martha, actually several of them.
    Two different personality types. Mary the ingoing thinker+ Mary the outgoing worker. Mary tells Jesus ''LORD dont you care?? TELL my sister to help me !!!!! ''They were in Martha's house+ wow Martha got her prayer answered quick.[May 6 Pray Day/National Prayer day,2021]An introvert can enjoy splendid solitude; an extravert like Martha hates to be alone..........

#13     May 6, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  4. So there is no direct or indirect evidence that Jesus lived and everything written about him is a big fat lie. People have sure spent a lot of time making things up then. My gosh!

And with all other people in history, if there is no historical evidence that they lived, then they are also imaginary.

So, in the future, if all evidence of life is destroyed by whatever have you, that then nullifies the existence of everyone on the planet prior to the evidence being destroyed. (Which by default, would include us).

We never existed. We don't exist now and we will never exist because eventually, all evidence Will Be Destroyed by something because this planet will not exist forever in the state it is in now.

Got it.

#14     May 6, 2021
  5. stu

stu

In the same way everything written about Harry Potter "is a big fat lie"

My gosh indeed, but you're not that naive. Didn't you know, since time began people have sure spent a lot of time making all sorts of things up . Especially things to do with religion and superstition even up to the point of creating imaginary characters like Bible Jesus for example.

Without any primary or secondary historical evidence whatsoever to suggest their existence, they are not 'other people in history'. How could they be in history without any historical evidence of any kind they ever existed?
    They can only be imagined and are therefore by definition, imaginary. Yes, you got it.

In imaginary scenarios you can imagine anything you like.

But the planet does exist and it did exist 2,000 years ago. We are talking about times when things can be shown to have existed, not times when they cannot.

During those times, the most detailed and heavily documented periods of Roman ancient history occurred, yet through all the vast array of wide ranging detailed historical evidence, there exists no record, no registration, no transcript, no expression, no notes of interest, no writings, no reference, no credible mention whatsoever of a savior, a Christ or a Jesus type messiah guy.

In this regard I suggest it makes no difference that this planet will not exist forever, as the evidence for Jesus or any other imaginary religious figure won't even get to be destroyed, due to the fact there's never been any historical evidence to destroy that establishes a Bible Jesus existence in the first place.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    #15     May 7, 2021
  6. Maybe the evidence you seek of historical Jesus was destroyed long ago. It's not like he didn't have any enemies when he was on Earth or any enemies now.

#16     May 7, 2021
  7. stu

stu

Even if that were the case then again, it would mean it is still only possible to imagine, pretend, presuppose Bible Jesus was on Earth or that he even existed.
    Although that might explain why there is no historical evidence that Jesus's big sister Jessie ever existed. One can only imagine she walked the Earth as well.

#17     May 7, 2021
  8. IF there was a big sister named Jesse, she was probably a good person who didn't walk around feeling superior to other people based on their religious affiliation.

#18     May 9, 2021
  9. %%
    LOL I cant do that.
    I also cant make renters want see a title deed [aka deed of trust ]even though anyone that bought real estate has. .
    I cant even prove I have some granny smith apples inside me , but i do ,so those kind of apple sceptics don't bother me.:caution::caution:

#19     Feb 3, 2022
  10. jason84

jason84

Jesus Christ was a real person. In fact, he is by far the most person in history, regardless of one's opinions on him.

"Virtually all scholars of antiquity accept that Jesus was a historical figure"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

#20     Mar 5, 2022