Fox: Member of US Special Forces says, 'I am ashamed for the first time in my career'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bugenhagen, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-syria-invasion-special-forces-soldier-kurds

PENTAGON – A member of U.S. Special Forces serving alongside the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in Syria told Fox News on Wednesday they were witnessing Turkish atrocities on the frontlines.

“I am ashamed for the first time in my career,” said the distraught soldier, who has been involved in the training of indigenous forces on multiple continents. The hardened service member is among the 1,000 or so U.S. troops who remain in Syria.

“Turkey is not doing what it agreed to. It’s horrible,” the military source on the ground said. “We met every single security agreement. The Kurds met every single agreement [with the Turks]. There was no threat to the Turks -- none -- from this side of the border."

2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

LL
    Published 3 hours ago
    Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.

[​IMG]
    Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump’s key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

kingjelly, elitenapper and Tony Stark like this.
  3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

5. For every soldier who claims to be embarrassed, I'm sure there 100 who are relieved they are not being sent out to fight pointless sand wars on behalf of Saudi Arabia and Israel.

We have civilian control of the military for a reason. Time for the military to remember that.

LacesOut likes this.
  6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

You may be sure but you are not correct.

Perhaps 90/100 US soldiers care no more than getting free training and benefits from the military. They are mostly average/poor boys with no other options so joined as it was a good deal for them. If they don't get deployed and stay on base, accidents/depression/bullying etc. will cause more to commit suicide or other on bases than the enemy would take. This is occurring right now with the current spike in suicides. Of the remaining competent tenth, 2-4 percent are warriors who live for it, would fight anyone, anywhere for kicks.

Concepts of honour and loyalty (even history) that you and Trump are incapable of are deep in these guys, excluding the few genuine psychopaths. You don't want to demoralise the few percent of the army at the business end.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Total bullshit

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Yes you are.

9. BonScott

BonScott

10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Indeed. Where were they at the "River of Blood" battle next to Trump's golf course?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-civil-war-monument/

I recall another article recounted a staff member saying bone-spurs personally directed this fiction.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    #10     Oct 11, 2019