FOX , lie-brals just love to hate it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Index piker, Apr 9, 2010.

Which describes your view of Fox News and commentary?

1. I like Fox News.

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. I'm a obama/chavez loving, freemarket hating,social justice loser, academic geek who hates Fox, and

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. I hate Fox News, and I wet my bed every night over their ratings.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Before I ridicule you , perhaps you should elaborate.

#11     Apr 9, 2010
  2. Because of FOX, we need the Fairness Doctrine.

It's just not fair!

#12     Apr 9, 2010
  3. You idiot! That's due to the fact that liberals have far better things to do than watch t.v. or listen to hate radio. I don't know anybody of average intelligence or higher who gets their news from tv or radio: they go to the internet. We 'cry' about Fox News because it is completely NOT news: it is opinion and slanted points of view.

But, go ahead, listen to them and THINK that you are a majority and that tea-baggers are going to turn the tables upside down come next election. The real majority, the middle of the roaders, will deliver a smackdown come Nov. Count on it and count on Obama being re-elected in '12 by a considerable margin if not an outright Johnson-Goldwater style landslide.

#13     Apr 9, 2010
  4. Very good point.

#14     Apr 10, 2010
  5. Apparently your internet news sources haven't informed you that the "tea-baggers" are 41% democrats and independents or as you call yourself, middle of the roaders. Considering the democratic party was the original party of slavery, perhaps it makes sense now why the media call them racists over and over.

Your first paragraph could be the dumbest statement made on this forum in quite some time.

#15     Apr 10, 2010
  6. Tea-baggers are NOT middle of the roaders and they are mostly Republican. They are also mostly white racists and generally older citizens. Tea-baggers will vote Republican for the most part this election. They will continue to be cry-babies. It's so pathetic to see all the old people at tea-party rallies, eating out of the gov't Social Security and Medicare trough but yelling about Obama trying to provide SOME security for young families. Families that represent the real future of America.

I didn't call myself middle of the road: I'm a very proud Liberal. MY party of choice is the Green Party: I vote Dem only because it is the best alternative of parties that can actually win elections.

#16     Apr 10, 2010

7. 1) Keep dreaming.
    2) Quite plausible considering your posts.(out of context but entirely accurate)

#17     Apr 10, 2010
  8. Let us guess, you're of the 47% of Americans who proudly don't pay any income tax?

#18     Apr 10, 2010
  9. Wrong. I probably pay more Federal Income taxes than you make. The biggest check I've ever written was to the IRS. Now this doesn't mean anything unless you take into consideration that I also purchased my home outright with another very large check.

I you were to look at the incomes of Liberals, not labor-oriented Democrats, but real LIBERALS, you will find that our education and income levels are the highest in the nation. It is lower-middle class people who gravitate to the tea-party, Republican Party, and conservatism in general.

These are people who went to gov't sponsored public education, got Pell Grants, get tax preferential tax treatment thru IRA/401 and whose best investment will be Social Security if they collect for 5 years. In other words, they got 'some' and they'll be damned if they are going to let the gov't help others as they view it as a threat. It's kinda like the old southern racists who thought that equal rights for blacks would somehow translate into less rights for themselves. You know, the stupid, petty-minded people that make up the larger part of the species: Conservatives.

#19     Apr 10, 2010
  10. Seriously ,Where did you get that idea?

Good data on that would be very interesting or as usual are you using wishful thinking and pulling it outta your ass?

#20     Apr 10, 2010