Fox Biz Channel buzz is back

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Feb 8, 2007.

1. gaj

gaj

#21     Feb 12, 2007
  2. I am not a fan of Glick -- way too excessive smiling, although, to be fair, that's a common occupational hazard on the boob tube -- but she is, in fact, Ivy League (Columbia). Then equity analyst at Goldman. Then trader and exec at Morgan Stanley. Looks probably never hurt anyone's career, but, yeah, you could say she knew her stuff.

As for FBC -- which really stands for "Fair and Balanced Channel", of course -- I'm sure they'll wisely borrow liberally from the key elements of the proven, industry-leading FNC model: eye-candy, thigh-baring (if not exactly, um, rising to the level of, say, Italian TV), young women with big lips + obnoxious, screaming, older men with big egos + open, inviting, living-room-like set design + wizbang multimedia, graphics and sounds + audience participation / involvement (in person, phone, email, website) = ratings points. Chevy, BMW... hey, minor details. It's going to take all my willpower to stick with Bloomberg TV streaming feed, but I think I'll manage somehow.

#22     Feb 12, 2007
  3. Thanks. I should have looked at her bio.

Funny, the impression I got from watching her, was that she was something like a "tough Brooklyn kid, battling it out on the Floor with the guys...", then getting kicked upstairs.

Good luck to all. :cool:

#23     Feb 12, 2007
  4. yeah and he's only $10mil more away from having a hedge fund with $10,100,000 under management.....:D :D

#24     Feb 12, 2007
  5. archon

archon

God, I hope this doesn't happen. The Fox News Channel "Business Block" is already laughably bad, and that's only a few hours on the weekends. I can't imagine how bad it would be if they stretched it out into a whole day. After all, this is the same channel that touts the guy from MASH as a financial expert!

#25     Feb 14, 2007
  6. How do you know she didn't blow her way to the top? :D

#26     Feb 14, 2007
  7. Worked for Cramer. Speaking of which, nice call on NTRI. Was played out, I believe he said. Wasnt' that 20% ago?

#27     Feb 15, 2007
  8. :confused: :confused: :confused:

#28     Feb 15, 2007
  9. another sign that the dow has topped.

#29     Feb 16, 2007
  10. FOX can't even talk about business in their "business block", how do they expect to run a channel?

Last weekend every stupid show had a segment on Anna Nicole Smithe, but I suppose that was better than the weekend before when they delayed 1/2 the shows so they could broadcast Barrick Osama's speech. That in turn was better than all the other times they've just cancelled ALL the business block shows to show whatever might be happening whereever.

They are hopeless. How about the baseball guy? Look at their returns for the year on "Cashin In". What a waste. Just as bad as all the CNBC people getting nicknames so you don't remember who said what.

#30     Feb 19, 2007