fox admits it has a right wing bias

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I find it hilarious how Liberals get frothing angry when Fox News is mentioned.

Lets see, they control the schools, the universities, hollywood, the music industry and the mainstream media, yet they get they become uncontrollably angry at the 1 channel that conservatives control.

#11     Sep 27, 2011
  2. hey tampon boy. what part of the meaning of"fair and balanced" dont you understand?

#12     Sep 27, 2011
  3. I wonder if Ailes shouldn't be thinking about retirement. He's showing bad judgment, first by giving an interview to NewsWeek, then by trashing his own talent.

By saying he is making a course correction, he only validates the Fox critics on the left. You would think someone with Ailes's experience would know there is nothing to be gained from trying to placate the left.

Fox has nothing to be embarrassed about. It is the most centrist news channel and most reflective of the country's views--the country as a whole, not the East Coast media centers--and the most trusted news source for most normal people.

#13     Sep 27, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Ahhhh i see, so its really just the slogan that gets your panties in a twist?

So if they were just to stop with the slogan "Fair and Balanced" all of a sudden media matters would cease to exist, and the rest of you liberal cry babies would stop bitching about fox news right?

#14     Sep 27, 2011
  5. just pointing out the hypocrisy of fox news. thinking people have known all along that fox is selling an agenda but there are actually people dumb enough to believe fox is balanced.

"Fox has nothing to be embarrassed about. It is the most centrist news channel "

#15     Sep 27, 2011
  6. Slogans is how liberals identify with things. Ann Coulter is dead on!

#16     Sep 27, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

We have debated this on here endlessly. Fox defends their motto by the fact that almost all their shows have BOTH a liberal and conservative point of view in each segment. Where as MSNBC is one big circle jerk of 8 liberal guests and not a single person who might possibly present the other point of view. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

#17     Sep 27, 2011
  8. Why do we keep winding up on opposite sides? Anyway, here is my problem with Fox News. They went to court and argued for the right to misinform the public (and won). In my mind, that can never be considered "Fair and Balanced". I have no problem at all if Fox News wants to prop up the "right" side of things. However, I do have a problem with any "news" organization that goes to court to protect their desire to misinform the public. To me, this has nothing to do with right vs left and everything to do with truth vs lies. Lies are never fair or balanced imho.

Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie.
    By Mike Gaddy. Published Feb. 28, 2003
    On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog...s/fox_news_gets_okay_to_misinform_public.html

Needless to say, this court decision sort of blew my mind. Furthermore, it tends to cast doubt on anything Fox would seek to report as fact.

#18     Sep 27, 2011
  9. An example of the other point of view (heading to Iraq war): Iraq has WMDs, and the brits have a dossier of evidence that Saddam has will attack with WMDS in one hour or less. I bet they knew they were lies (particularly the UK claim). The talking heads were spinning it shamelessly.

The retardicans are retardicans.

#19     Sep 27, 2011
  10. To be fair, if you are talking about the runup to the Iraq war, all of the mainstream media was in lockstep behind it, not just Fox News.

#20     Sep 27, 2011