Four Stories This Week Prove that the War On Terror Is a Farce

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 2, 2011.

1. http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/0...ampaign=Feed:+TheBigPicture+(The+Big+Picture)

Four stories from the last week confirm what many have been saying for years: the war on terror is a farce.

Military Brass Say Imperial Wars of Aggression are Hurting America

I’ve said for years that the war on terror is weakening America.

I’ve pointed out that experts say that the Iraq war has increased the threat of terrorism. See this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

As I noted last year:

The very hawkish and pro-war Rand Corporation – released a study in 2008 called “How Terrorist Groups End: Lessons for Countering al Qa’ida“.

The report confirms that the war on terror is actually weakening national security. As a press release about the study states:

“Terrorists should be perceived and described as criminals, not holy warriors, and our analysis suggests that there is no battlefield solution to terrorism.”

Former U.S. National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski told the Senate that the war on terror is “a mythical historical narrative”. And Newsweek has now admitted that the war on terror is wholly unnecessary.

2. War on terorr has as much to do with fighting terrorism as the Crusades had to do with fighting for "Jesus's tomb" It is a giant pretext for a grab of natural resources across the world (just as crusades were about land). If you think about where US is currently fighting wars it is about Oil or Natural gas. Afganistan is about the "great game v 2.0" and control of caspian sea by pressuring Iran. Iraq is oil, Iran is oil and natural gas, Libya is oil, afganistan is about moving into strategic region.

Does not anyone find it just a wee bit moronic that a guy who allegedly got taken out by a special forces team in PAKISTAN while US has over 100,000 troops in AFGHANISTAN. War in Afganistan was never about Bin Laden anyway.