Four EA's

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 14, 2018.

There are no profitable EA's

1. True

2. False

3. False, but periodic optimization is needed

4. I do not trade Forex

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. They

They

Death by a thousand pips. These things just won't die.

#61     Aug 24, 2018
    ElectricSavant likes this.
  2. Hans123 v2 trades 4 symbols. Below is a breakdown of their profit in the last 30 days:

GBP/JPY $151.59
    AUD/CAD $137.36
    EUR/USD $87.36
    NZD/CHF -$6.65

It's way too early to make any opinions eventhough it "feels" like it has been a long time. The expectation was to see more blow-ups sooner but it has not even been 2 months of trading. Day-Trading Futures is much different than automation in Forex.

If the NZD/CHF continues in its folly...it should be eliminated out of Hans 123 v2 for the new test in the new "4 EA's" thread. I am "cutting-to-the-chase" with a truncated analysis to arrive with opinions in this thread. It's simple NZD/CHF has not shown a profit in the last 30 days and compared to the other symbols it is a significant contrast. Lets see what happens in the next 30 days if this thread can continue without all of the other EA's blowing up. Keep in mind this is not an exhaustive analysis...but an extremely truncated view of performance.

ES

P.S. In the background I am searching and testing EA's for the new thread (usually when I cannot sleep at night as Futures trading occupies much of my time these days). Nothing exciting to report other than the choices are numerous. I do not just search for good equity curves because the way I trade EA's with 8 currencies changes those results especially when I use ATR to weight them. I like price action EA's that rely less on indicators other than to calculate levels with. There is over 1400 views to this thread at the time of this post, so I guess the interest is there for a new thread.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    #62     Aug 24, 2018
  3. It's funny why I am attracted to the unregulated world commonly referred to as the "Wild West of Forex" over the last decade. I ask myself over and over again as to why?

I think the attraction is that Forex is soooo big. It trades the most money. The unregulated part of the Cash Forex is not really a positive for me though. The fact that Dealers control the purse strings of your account and present the market to you with THEIR quotes is quite a surrender in control. The choice of a good dealer is paramount to ones success.

Forex is for everybody and mostly attracts the poor. Its hard to gather enough money together to trade Stocks or Futures. Forex can surely keep you poor while feeding your gambling desires. The goal with this thread is to demonstrate that there are not any profitable EA's and thus far it is completing it's task. But that does not stop introductions to new hope and new portfolios in ET. Four EA's can evolve into the best way to lose your money. I seem to be proficient in losing money and wasting my time..but no part of my involvement in ET wastes my time.

ES

#63     Aug 24, 2018
  4. 2018-08-24_142718 Four EA's.png

#64     Aug 24, 2018
  5. I have stumbled upon a very interesting EA named Urdala_Trol. Stay tuned for the next Four EA's thread...Maybe I will call it two EA's. Hans 123 trader v2 & Urdala_Trol

This ES thing is not taking my time away from this thread...I am just waiting for the portfolio to blow up leaving only Hans123 trader v2.

Perhaps we should start the new thread sooner than later as we are going nowhere with this portfolio...will the 2 readers of this thread (including me) let me know :D

ES

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    #65     Aug 27, 2018
  6. 2018-08-28_135918 Four EA's.png

#66     Aug 28, 2018
  7. Spreader margined out...

2018-08-31_124101 Four EA's.png

#67     Aug 31, 2018
  8. I am testing an EA named Urdala_Trol which is showing some promise to be an athelete that loses! :p

#68     Aug 31, 2018
  9. Well... it has taken 53 calendar days to lose half of the portfolio. I have two other EA's that I am testing to replace the two margined-out EA's to continue this quest of discovering profitable EA's or to prove there are none...have you voted in the poll of this thread?

Galactic Explosion blew up first and then Spreader. We have EMA Cross Contest Hedged & Hans123 Trader v2 remaining.

2018-09-03_063314 Four EA's.png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    #69     Sep 3, 2018
  10. There are 6 votes at this time agreeing with the premise that there are not any profitable EA's. There are 7 disagreeing.

I would like to hear from some of the 7 about their experience trading with EA's. How long did it take for you to discover them? Did you have them coded for yourself? Do they constantly need to be updated, optimized and calibrated? Are they semi-automatic?...etc...etc..

...any comment from a profitable EA trader would be appreciated.

ES

P.S. Perhaps these EA's in the public domain are the losing EA's. The tweaking of them my be an unorthodox way to turn them into a profitable EA's.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    #70     Sep 3, 2018