Four EA's

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 14, 2018.

There are no profitable EA's

1. True

2. False

3. False, but periodic optimization is needed

4. I do not trade Forex

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Speader 2 is taking new levels so we will see no trading for a while. There does not need to be a lot of trades for me to hold my interest. This is my favorite EA. I would love for some coder-traders to get a hold of this and improve it.

GalacticExplosion is rather active but its trading time is now paused according to the inputs in the EA, so that means no new entries until it gets busy at the London open. There are open trades that can exit during this slow time and they often do.

EMA Cross Contest Hedged The settings I am using are too wide for the SL and TPs for the M2 timeframe that I am testing with. I will adjust them, which will give more opportunity for more entries being reflected by the 4 and 24ma's. I have changed the timeframe to M20. The inputs are now: SL:93, TP:80, TS:20, Trailing Step:1 Hedge Level:4. I need to exit as soon as it gets busy tonight so that these new settings will take.

Hans123 v2 Was in heavy drawdown (10%) but now is recovering.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    #11     Jul 16, 2018
  2. 2018-07-16_121818 Four EA's.png

#12     Jul 16, 2018
  3. I decided to get the correction in. So I manually exited the open trade in EMA Cross Contest Hedged. I have learned never to wait for the market if I must make adjustments or made a mistake.

ES

2018-07-16_142439 Four EA's.png

#13     Jul 16, 2018
  4. Why would you go through this effort and not pick something from c2?

#14     Jul 16, 2018
  5. sysdevel99,

I don't know. Do you like C2? I have no preference and enjoy writing about public domain EA's on ET. I do not believe I can publish from C2 and I do not trade other peoples money.

ES

2018-07-16_184146 Four EA's.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    #15     Jul 16, 2018
  6. I had to make a correction in GalacticExplosion. There was an incorrect pair used. We were over exposed in the New Zealand Dollar. I replaced GBP/NZD with GBP/USD.

I also adjusted the "closeAll to 1% from 0.6% on GalacticExplosion.

I updated the ATR Inputs in Hans123 V2.

Spreader2 seems to be putting a drag on this portfolio. My stubborn insistence to use this EA may be a bad influence. It is early and keep in mind EA's can go through several months of sideways action and drawdown which can be tough to endure.

I believe you folks will might realize as I have that there is a lot more to trading than just backtesting to find inputs. This is a living portfolio driving forward upon it's journey. Discoveries will be made and changes made, making it a difficult thing to optimize through standard means. There are many variables, correlations and ranges to experience and evaluate AT THE SAME TIME. The fine tuning that backtesting can bring can make changes in results especially when there are many trades, however one can look at the big picture and make general adjustments along the way less frequently and also arrive at the destination.

As I write this, the new pair GBP/USD took a profit and reset in GalacticExplosion (it will be reflected in the next post). Gawd I dislike this EA's name..it is just embarassing. Hey! I can call the portfolio "The Fantastic Four"..right? :vomit:

2018-07-17_024521 Four EA's.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    #16     Jul 17, 2018
  7. These EA's are published many times with incomplete code or code that does not work in forward testing. The explanations of many EA's and how they work are sparse to say the least.

In GalacticExplosion here is a chunk of code concerning entry above and below the MA.

It's funny that GalacticExplosion is profiting from the reverse logic. Is the code correct or the presentation correct?, how did the author wish for this to work?

Code:
    double MA=iMAGet(0);
    if(MA==0.0) // copying fails
      return;
    if(!RefreshRates())
    {
      PrevBars=iTime(m_symbol.Name(),Period(),1);
      return;
    }
    if(m_symbol.Ask()<MA)
      need_open_buy=true;
    else if(m_symbol.Bid()>MA)
      need_open_sell=true;
    You will notice that it buys under the MA and sells over the MA.

However in the presentation of this EA it states the opposite.

2018-07-17_071338 Four EA's.png

#17     Jul 17, 2018
  8. I don't like C2 as a platform (I've one of my systems published there - I feel like they're overcharging and a lot of the features are missing).

I love C2 as a client to follow other people's trades/systems - it does all the work for me - from calculating DD to auditing to visualizing the equity curve to spitting out stats that I care about to calculating correlations, literally hundreds of systems that range from short term to mid term to multiple asset classes ...

#18     Jul 17, 2018
  9. Fair enough. Would you like me to close this thread?

ES

2018-07-17_143404 Four EA's.png

#19     Jul 17, 2018
  10. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Yep, someone should be able to compete with C2's pricing to push it down eventually.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    #20     Jul 18, 2018