Four dead, three police injured in Pennsylvania shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 21, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

The lunatic is in my head
    The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane
    You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
    You shout and no one seems to hear
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Pink Floyd

#11     Dec 21, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Some wackos thought John Lennon was crazy and a danger to the interests of the USA.
    Look who eternally holds the last laugh.

#12     Dec 21, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Institutionalize them the day they're diagnosed.
    As long as they're free, there is no practical realistic constitutional way to keep guns out of their hands.

#13     Dec 21, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

GOSH-O-MIGHTY...
    The new leader of N. Korea is probably reading this thread and laughing his ass off.

#14     Dec 21, 2012
  5. OnClose

OnClose

Your assuming that all people who kill other people are crazy, I can assure you that they're not all crazy they're just assholes. And as much as I'd like to lockup all the assholes in this country it's just not realistic or legal.

#15     Dec 21, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

One of your fellow pro gun control buddies informed me recently that the mass shooters are almost all crazy otherwise law abiding citizens.

Neither is banning and or confiscating arms I'm guaranteed the right to keep by the constitution.

#16     Dec 21, 2012
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Psychopaths don't think they are crazy. They never ask for psychological help. They don't have the neural connections in their brains that would give them feelings and allow them to grow up like normal people. They don't seem crazy unless you get to know them or know the tells. They are 1-2% of the population and do 50% of all serious crimes.

We have brain scanning technology that can diagnose people that have no connection to their feelings with 100% accuracy. We have the capability to detect these people and we have the internet and could put their pictures up like we do with molesters [who are probably nearly all psychopaths, who knows]. We have the capability to deny them driving and gun privileges. That would be a start.

Galpal and I were going over our lives and bemoaning the fact that things have been ruined for us so many times. We started running Hare's checklist on the people that ruined things for us: All psychopaths.

I'll be keeping weapons handy if you don't mind [or if you do mind].

#17     Dec 21, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

These shooters aren't crazy.
    "Crazy" is just an excuse in case they survive the security onslaught.

#18     Dec 21, 2012
  9. Mass murder is a tragedy, but it's not the "epidemic" that some people are trying to make it out to be.

My daughters were very upset about the school shooting last week so we did some research to see what the likelihood is of being killed by a mass murderer. [I try to teach my kids to overcome fear through education and preparation.]

Turns out, you're more likely to get hit by lightning than you are to be killed by a mass murderer.

----------------------------------------------
    Average number of people in the US killed in mass shootings (4 or more victims per FBI stats) each year -- approximately 150.

--------------------------------------------------

Number of people killed in gang violence each year:

-- Over 500 each year in Los Angeles.

-- Over 400 each year in Chicago.

-- Nationally, about 8,000 people die in gang-related violence every year.

-- Over 50 times as many people die in gang violence as are killed in mass murders each year.

-- Over 20% of the Los Angeles police department's $1.1 billion budget is spent on gangs and gang-related crime.

[Good reasons to stay away from gangs.]

-----------------------------------------------

Average number of people killed by drunk drivers each year in the US: Approximately 10,000

-- You're 67 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than you are to be a victim of a mass murder.

-------------------------------------------------

Average number of people struck by lightning each year in the US: approximately 400.

-- You're 2.6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than you are to be a victim of mass murder.

----------------------------------------

Average number of people who win a lottery worth million dollars or more each year in the US: approximately 1,600.

-- You're over 10 times as likely to win a million dollars or more in a lottery than you are to be a victim of mass murder.

#19     Dec 21, 2012
  10. I'd say it's unstable fucking yankees (which is redundant).:D

#20     Dec 21, 2012