Founding Fathers Feared Tyranny By The Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Good point.

#11     Apr 18, 2009
  2. The Royal Proclamation of 1763, which created a boundary line from the colonies on the Atlantic to just west of the Appalachians, was directly related to taxes.

It had little to do with "problems with Indians". Great Britain knew that if they allowed colonists to venture west, it would be impossible to collect taxes from them.

#12     Apr 18, 2009
  3. To use a sopranos line "That is not what I have heard"

#13     Apr 18, 2009
  4. 151

I have answered that question and I'll do it again.

People are protesting because they do not believe the right choices were made.

Its not a bottom line issue.

#14     Apr 19, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I've answered you several times. Why do you have to keep lying?

#15     Apr 19, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I know of very few immigrants, legal or illegal who come here for a handout, and all of the statistics would back me up on my own observation as well. Far more "naitive born" American's as a % receive handouts and welfare vs any immigrant group. The vast majority of immigrants are coming here to make a better life for themselves and for their children, and just like generations of Irish, Italians, Norweigans, Germans and Jews before them there are some bad apples, but the vast vast majority work their asses off for a piece of the American pie and they contribute meaningfully to our Country and to our economy.

Again the percentage of naitive born American's on welfare and getting handouts is HUGE compared to the % of immigrants, both illegal and legal, getting them.

#16     Apr 19, 2009
  7. WTL

WTL

I've been posting on this board a day and I can already see that this dsq person isnt worth the time. You can't argue with someone who is intellectually dishonest.

The thing is I'd like to discuss political issues with people on the left, I detest groupthink and believe you are only made better by experience and branching out in your influences - but so many of these message boards serve as places where people just want to get their shots in.

#17     Apr 19, 2009

8. Absolutely. It is called being a free thinker.

#18     Apr 19, 2009