Foundations of conservatism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Does not answer his question.

#21     Nov 24, 2009
  2. I think it clearly states why the conservatives are in favor of having a government run military.

#22     Nov 24, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

And that is not his question.

#23     Nov 24, 2009
  4. Mav88

Mav88

That's how the liberals win, ppl like this won't even bother to look up the numbers before forming an opinion.

#24     Nov 24, 2009

5. Well it doesnt make sense to have a military that is not strong. If they are going to get their asses kicked whats the point of having a military in the first place. It is sort of like owning a car that does not start. I sort of thought that it was obvious to most that if you are going to have a military, then it ought to be a good and strong military that can actually achieve its goal. Its really common sense.

#25     Nov 24, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Agreed. So, do you believe we can have a strong national defense AND small government AND low taxation? If so, how?

#26     Nov 24, 2009
  7. HotTip

HotTip

You're an idiot.

Conservatism believes in LIMITED federal government, based on what is in the Articles of the Constitution. Liberals, on the other hand, feel that the federal government is entitled to solve any problem, which means that they are unconstrained by the Constitution. Conservatism also believes in LIBERTY, some of which you surrender when obligated to work for the government by paying taxes. Conservatives don't mind surrendering some liberty through taxes, as long as it is meant to finance the limited responsibilities of government. However, when Liberals attempt to venture outside of the Constitution to solve every problem under the sun, it results in greater spending that inevitably leads to higher taxes and less liberty.

If you think what I described is a "fraud", then you must think that our Constitution is a fraud as well.

#27     Nov 24, 2009
  8. Sure. A strong military and small government is absolutely achievable. I do not see why Pubix thinks one excludes the other.

#28     Nov 24, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So he can justify in his mind being a liberal and more importantly justify hating conservatives.

#29     Nov 24, 2009
  10. dsq

dsq

In your dreams.Its a conservative pipedream and mantra.Look at the military today.Half of your tax dollars go to pay for for the military budget.Thats at a minimum half.

#30     Nov 24, 2009