Found a way to move a market!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by NoMoreOptions, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I smell an attitude of denial. Don't be so sure. 1 lot or not! Well even with 1 lot it does make differences in MANY markets which are designed and targeting these purposes.

Anyway, experiment a smaller question, does TWS send data related to untransmitted orders?

#11     Jan 24, 2004
  2. No.

#12     Jan 24, 2004
  3. TD80

TD80

Damn CBOE den of thieves! Always trying to steal my money on both sides of the trade! I can't wait for BOX to destroy them!

There.. happy vega? :) :) :)

Goodluck,

#13     Jan 24, 2004
  4. That was the dumbest theory I ever heard ...

#14     Jan 24, 2004
  5. okwon

okwon

LOL :D

#15     Jan 24, 2004
  6. So when I put on a 50 lot position, I must be really rockin the markets. I didn't realize.

#16     Jan 24, 2004
  7. def

def Sponsor

Coming back from a fantastic vacation and reading this.... LMAO, thanks for the laugh.

NoMore, how about trying another experiment. At exactly 11:17 AM sharp the following day, lets all imagine entering an order via the TWS and wait and see.

#17     Jan 24, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

ROFLMAO

I hope he doesn't accidentally hit the send button :eek:

BTW, try this. Put _two_ directionally opposite orders in the same underlying within a couple of seconds of each other. That would probably cause IB systems to crash as they would get confused as to which direction to take the market...

nitro :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#18     Jan 24, 2004
  9. pspr

pspr

Hey, NoMore.., have you noticed how IB moves the market right to your stop on the ES? Try it. Put in a 1 lot stop order just 1 point from the market and watch as IB trades thousands of contracts to get to your stop!! Now you can go the other way with size now that you've made them move the market out of equilibrium! Works every time.

he he he he he he he..... :D

#19     Jan 24, 2004
  10. Sounds like the same one who says "Buy fear and sell greedy", who thinks he or she knows all and tryies to make a statement to summarize. But it is still just part of the story. Fear or greedy may overwhelm shorters and the buy/sell direction should be just reversed.

So you get the idea why your fool and wise men statement is not accurate?

The bottom line is that only the result says everything. Einstein could be just thought a fool if he was in Nazi concentration camp...

So anyone did some experiment to test if TWS data when you just accept an order?

#20     Jan 24, 2004