forum consensus on AMZN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by scriabinop23, Apr 25, 2007.

Buy or Short?

1. Long to 60+

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Short

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. No! Its going to 64. Once it reaches my target, then I say it will pullback. The pullback will be to around 54.5. Thats when you consider a long position.

I have waved my magic wand and now it will be so.

#31     Apr 26, 2007
  2. gov

gov

Dude, I have been trading a lot of years making money and I can tell you that a stock can and will do exactly what it does, regardless of any chart formation. You called this correctly, but I think you need to chill a bit since 1) luck cannot be ruled out on a single example and 2) the skill lies not in the call, but in what is done with the call. Yes, I was short. Yes, I had to adjust the position to get out well. Yes, I was wrong about this example. But, I put my money on the line and that is what makes a trader. Act, don't pontificate please. On a final note, that certainty you claim can never exist in this world; it is a risky thought. A good trader changes his mind often and realizes quickly his mistakes.

I appreciate your work, and in TA you've got talent for sure, but in the final analysis I make my own decisions based on what I see, not what others say. That is how I know when a trade is sucking wind. Thanks again for the Micron pick; it's a dilly so far. :cool:

#32     Apr 26, 2007

3. At least I know you're not serious now.

#33     Apr 26, 2007
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Neutral now, train's left.

Weekly chart, clear divergence in MACD's histogram took weeks to set-up.

#34     Apr 26, 2007
  5. gov

gov

Agreed. Certainly, the r/r is no longer favorable. There are some lovely spots to enter on that chart. I am, however, glad I do not trade stocks much any more. Bad tax treatment and too many charts to look through. Cheers!

#35     Apr 26, 2007
  6. Looks like my target might be reached in the afterhours session. 63.15 is the high in the a/f session.

#36     Apr 26, 2007
  7. While the AMZN bulls' exhuberance may propel it a bit higher still, I have to agree with BuyLo. Compare it with any other specialty retailer ... with a P/E of 80 (!!!) it's ridiculously overvalued at these levels. 63-65 range would be a great place to initiate a short position, IMO.

#37     Apr 26, 2007
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Expectations based solely on fundamental analyses are doomed. Let the chart show you where the price is heading. A P/E does not provide any sort of time frame, you could experience a tremendous drawdown in the mean time. Technical analyses will tell you where the price is heading.

#38     Apr 26, 2007
  9. hels02

hels02

If TA were that dead on, you'd never be wrong.... tell me, what % up are you for the year, you TA buffs? Bet I beat you. :D

#39     Apr 26, 2007
  10. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Main point is that FA tells you something ain't right with valuations, but it does not indicate when prices might correct, TA does, I would say if you understand FA, then use TA as well for the above reason.

#40     Apr 26, 2007