Fortress IPO?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stbruce, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Only the intraday buyers so far.....

#41     Feb 9, 2007
  2. There ya go.

Suckers - pure suckers - touch this POS with even a 10 foot pole.

So many people are going to get washed and rinsed on this, it's just plain sad.

The running of the sheeple.

GS sachs is trading at a P/E of 9ish. This has no history, no transparency, and is in many, many ways, an unknown quantity, and on it's public open, it's already at a 70is P/E multiple.

What a farking joke.

#42     Feb 9, 2007
  3. "32.50. How many people got smoked"

33.68. Guess I was fast on the draw, beat you:eek:

#43     Feb 9, 2007
  4. Probably should put a disclaimer in there. My plan was to buy the open and the close 50/50.

#44     Feb 9, 2007
  5. You do not know what you're talking about.

It ain't mom & pop chasing this and Fortress is far from Joe Blow Private Equity.

Would you buy a piece of Carlyle Group if you had a chance?

#45     Feb 9, 2007
  6. gimp570

gimp570

first print on the NYSE was 35,,,,,

And I got it...........what can ya do

#46     Feb 9, 2007
  7. Okay, tell me then...

How transparent is the firm?

Give me the typical amount of info on it, commensurate with what you or I would need to determine if it is worthy of investment as a profit making enterprise, justifying a P/E ratio that is in the 70s.

Tell me what its track record is in terms of earnings growth, and show me its balance sheet.

And who, exactly is chasing it now?

#47     Feb 9, 2007
  8. What a mess! I can't believe the SEC doesn't shut this bullshit IPO game down. It is so obvious that anyone who got shares at 18.50 is just gonna sell right away at 35. Christ , who wouldn't? Name one IPO that opened up 100% that continues higher after a few days? Usually they sell of big time. Nymex had a pop, but you had to be quick or you got burned on that, and then it sold off and is basically where it started. The only time IMO to buy an IPO is when it gets CRUSHED to like 40% of the offer price. They come back after a while sometimes. But stocks like Fortress are a joke.

#48     Feb 9, 2007
  9. If it breaks below 30, things will get very interesting.

Now at 31.04

Intraday high of 37.00

#49     Feb 9, 2007
  10. FIG closes at $31.

What a nice wash and rinse for the slime balls behind this IPO.

How many traders did they crush today?

When you lay down with dogs, you get fleas.

#50     Feb 9, 2007