Fortress IPO?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stbruce, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Ok this is the deal on Fortress, I happen to be in the know about them.

This is a serious Private Equity firm that actually invests for long period of time. Unlike the bulk of PE firms, they do not just LBO firms, skim them of money, throw on debt and then resend public so that they can dump the shares (Hertz anyone?).

Look at Fortress's track record of taking their companies to IPO. They almost never sell their share, nor do they intend to for at least a decade. A good strategy has been to simply buy whatever they send IPO and wait a few months. The stock almost always appreciates and has good fundamentals. I suspect they may also support the stock price.

They recently took Genesis Lease (GLS) public. Take a look at the chart.

These guys are one of the top PE firms out there and are not playing BS games like the rest. They pick their assets wisely and know what the f**k they are doing. So anyone who knows the arena wants a piece of their IPO and their assets, some of which are still private.

It's a no brainer, even intraday. Buy and hold & buy the dip. The big boys will be trying to shake weak hands the whole time, but the only real sellers are the short-term hedge funds and I don't think they got much of a piece of this.

#31     Feb 9, 2007
  2. Folks when looking at IPO's please remember to check how much of the company is being kindly given to you. In the case of Fortress it is very little and only ensures endless secondary offerings in the future.

Also you are not buying the assets! So comparison with deals they have brought to the market is inconsequential you are merely getting their fees and if overall money in the fund is down from prior years which I think it is do the math- less fees than prior years. This deal stinks. Wait for Clearwire or one of the zippy tech one's that are on the way....

~ stoney

#32     Feb 9, 2007
  3. gimp570

gimp570

So take a guess...what is the first print of the day going to be??

#33     Feb 9, 2007

4. First print $25.50. I noticed GS is up $2.00 in premarket will be long GS today, any other stocks that would benefit from this IPO?

#34     Feb 9, 2007
  5. probably between 33-37

#35     Feb 9, 2007
  6. im guessing the fun will be zapped out of it with a first print of 31.00

#36     Feb 9, 2007
  7. I am guessing you do not undertsand IPOs... and that owners only sold 8% of this...

#37     Feb 9, 2007
  8. i am thinking 35-38

#38     Feb 9, 2007
  9. open 35

#39     Feb 9, 2007
  10. rjv27

rjv27

32.50. How many people got smoked????:eek: :eek:

#40     Feb 9, 2007