FormFactor, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORM ) - It's building a nice base

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by miguel007, May 14, 2011.

1. ..as long as it keeps making progress and keep the uptrend line in place people will be confident to stay long. It was another volatile week for FormFactor, Inc. (NASDAQ:FORM). The stock hit $10.64 at its high and $9.83 at the low. Overall I don't see any changes from my previous comments. The share price is stuck in a range with $10.75 as the top of the range and $8.58 as the bottom of the range. A breakout from the range would impart a decisive trend. For the short term, it is consolidating inside an ascending triangle with resistance at $10.75. If it breaks out of the ascending triangle, target price is at $12.89. Technicals still point to FORM being a buy and I believe today's pullback could be the perfect entry point for a strong bounceback. CMF is positive for the first time since its last big run. Bulls have been buying dips near FORM's rising 50-dma so I'm suggesting a stop just under the 50-dma.

Source : http://ac-investor.blogspot.com/2011/05/stock-picks-for-week-of-may-16th.html

• sc1.jpg
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
  2. sold!

3. This company has no debt and about $333.2 million of cash, so they have about $6.58 a share in cash.

4. A base Miguel?

What you have is a year of sideways movement, in the basement.

IF it's a base, multiply width x height and add to a breakout. You don't even get 15.

Cash on hand? That would suggest no where to put it in their core business. A good business model is lean on cash and.........levered. Particularly when short interest rates are at a mult-generational low.

There's better risk/reward scenarios.

Bases? Here's (3): HOOK, EGOV, CTGX. As for the latter, if the "X" suffix is dropped from the ticker, meaning IN complaince, watch it soar. Not sore, soar.

• form.jpg
      File size:
      75.4 KB
      Views:
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Seems as if you bought FORM and are trying to convince yourself it was a smart decision. I think you bought it just because you thought it was cheap. With so many strong stocks why such a weak one? Move on.

6. Breaks out of channel and crossed both 50 and 200 day SMA. MACD and STO good.

• sc.jpg
      File size:
      77.5 KB
      Views:
  7. I don't see that as building a base... looks more like a weak stock in a channel... base lacks tightness

8. RobtF

RobtF

Is there a catalyst you're looking for here? Earnings to be released Tue., after close.

9. Volume picked up to the upside. FORM unusual call option activity set up for a breakout.

• sc.png
      File size:
      111 KB
      Views:
    #10     Jul 26, 2011